• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sf 97

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those who have recently purchased a HMMWV from govplanet, how long did it take to get the SF97 and was it marked off road use only?
What does the auction listing say ? If it has the OFF ROAD ONLY clause in the listing agreement it will come with a stamped SF-97.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do your research on your state prior to buying , here in Michigan they won't register either one .Many other states are the same as Michigan .

DREDnot

I got mine quick. Auction ended 12/7/18. Picked up 1/8/19. Received SF-97 1/24/19
Army. Marked Off Road Only. Had clean title, regular plates, emissions, and insurance within two hours of receiving the SF-97.
Call your state DMV main office for info on the latest hoops for registering a Truck, Utility, 1 1/4 ton, 4x4.
A lot of the registering info is old and some states have gotten their **** together. AZ went from being a "NO DICE" state to easy peasy.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're in NC. The DMV here has lost their minds. You will "most likely" (there are those that have slipped through) have to complete an affidavit of compliance to FMVSS requirements. Ok not so bad? YOU can't sign it, prior seller, dealer or manufacturer must sign it. Its stupid beyond stupid as te vehicles by contract and law are not manufactured to or required to meet FMVSS. Good luck. Mine was fully titled and registered just before the law changed.

DREDnot

te vehicles by contract and law are not manufactured to or required to meet FMVSS.
While that is technically true, the army does require that its vehicles meet those standards anyhow. Its all spelled out in MIL-STD-1180B Safety Standards for Military Ground Vehicles.

Luckily I was able to sign the affidavit here in AZ.

Last edited:

DREDnot

You're in NC. The DMV here has lost their minds. You will "most likely" (there are those that have slipped through) have to complete an affidavit of compliance to FMVSS requirements. Ok not so bad? YOU can't sign it, prior seller, dealer or manufacturer must sign it.

Are you sure that's the official position at DMV HQ in Raleigh? I called our main office in Phoenix and was pleasantly surprised by the helpfulness of the first person I talked to there. Sent me a copy of the affidavit as you couldn't click to find it on their website yet.

Unlike the "deep state" Humvee haters at whichever local office that make **** up to suit their world view.

We also have "third party" Motor Vehicle offices here that are businesses...not feral outposts of low level bureaucrat wannabes. They just follow the laws and takes the money.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Are you sure that's the official position at DMV HQ in Raleigh? I called our main office in Phoenix and was pleasantly surprised by the helpfulness of the first person I talked to there. Sent me a copy of the affidavit as you couldn't click to find it on their website yet.

Unlike the "deep state" Humvee haters at whichever local office that make **** up to suit their world view.

We also have "third party" Motor Vehicle offices here that are businesses...not feral outposts of low level bureaucrat wannabes. They just follow the laws and takes the money.
Absolutely. Deeply involved for 2 years with legislators attempting to right the ship. Unfortunately finding someone with enough political clout AND willing to take on the DMV head-on has not been fruitful.

DREDnot

Absolutely. Deeply involved for 2 years with legislators attempting to right the ship.
Did you ever figure out who, at the top, is driving the hate? Its got to be some career politician that's taking money from some adversely interested party. Its not like a prius full of prom girls got murdered by some evil war machine just back from afghanistan....is it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks