• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First post, Hello just picked up MEP-803a did troubleshooting

ApparatusTech

Just stopped in to say Hi. Been trolling and finally picked up a 803a. Just got home and fired it up. Started right up. It was set on 120/208 3 phase. I checked a few things on this site and figured out it had a configuration switch behind the main control. Problem 1 solved. It was not on single phase 120/240 easy enough. Noticed no charge or discharge on the battery meter. Started checking that out, found the FU1 fuse missing. Went to the wiring diagram on this site. Rigged up a fuse on some alligator clips and presto, charging system works. I threw a hair dryer on the convenience circuit just to see if the % used gauge worked it did. Checked out the circuit breaker on that as well, it works and really only lets you have 10 amps!!

In all, I am very pleased. I have my battery conditioner working on one of the batteries, it was at 11.6v thought it would be trashed but is a redtop and is bouncing right back.

Maybe tomorrow I will wire it up to the house and put some serious load on it!!

Great site guys, all the input here makes this place gold. Looking for the fuse male part on that FU1. Have a great day everyone!!

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Post and such are better in the generator forum.

Check the thread here first. MEP-802A MEP-803A Filters and Parts The 2nd post has quick links, and the third has the links to all the manuals you need.

NOTE: I suggest you do not use your house just yet. Get the unit working 100% first, and verify all volts, and Hz measurements with a multi-meter.

Your house has to much money invested to just throw the generator at it yet.

Check it first, check it again. :)

Good luck.

Last edited:

ApparatusTech

Howdy,

Post and such are better in the generator forum.

Check the thread here first. MEP-802A MEP-803A Filters and Parts The 2nd post has quick links, and the third has the links to all the manuals you need.

NOTE: I suggest you do not use your house just yet. Get the unit working 100% first, and verify all volts, and Hz measurements with a multi-meter.

Your house has to much money invested to just throw the generator at it yet.

Check it first, check it again. :)

Good luck.

Thanks Daybreak, maybe a Mod can move it there for me. The 803a is running 100%, I havn't checked the Hz yet but have a meter and will do that for sure! All problems seem to be fixed at this time. I'm going to start with some heater loads first then move up to some real loading! Will post in the gen forum in the future. Have a great evening and thanks for those links!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks