Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FLU419 Removing attachments

Private
    Thanks

Default FLU419 Removing attachments

I'd like to learn how to remove the attachments while I work on the hydraulic cylinders.

Does anyone know where I can find this information?
    A link would be very appreciated.

TIA.

Jim

Thanks
    Thanked 1,083 Times in 765 Posts

Jim, it's been covered on the main (Owner's) thread in various forms over time. Yeah, it's a lot of reading, but aside from my posts, mostly very good info.

I'll counter with a question: Why would you want to remove the attachments??? It's a heck of a lot easier to remove and install cylinders when things are held in place by the FLU than propped up on the ground, I'd think.

Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The FLU farm View Post
    Jim, it's been covered on the main (Owner's) thread in various forms over time. Yeah, it's a lot of reading, but aside from my posts, mostly very good info.

I'll counter with a question: Why would you want to remove the attachments??? It's a heck of a lot easier to remove and install cylinders when things are held in place by the FLU than propped up on the ground, I'd think.
    I'd like to learn how to remove them for a couple of reasons, I think it would be a good thing to know. I may want to take it places where I don't need an excavator, and would like to eliminate the weight, and lower the center of gravity.
    I'm considering where I'm going to park it while I work on it. I don't have a lot of room here at the house, and if I stretch it out, it will be immobile and potentially blocking my access to my trailers, and parking spaces. I'd like to do the work myself, but have no experience. It may take longer than I expect.

I looked through the forum threads but was unable to find what I was looking for. I'll admit I am new to the group here, and am still learning how to navigate the forum. If someone could forward a link, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks

Jim, I can't remember if the removal/reattachment procedures are covered in the TMs or not, but I'd think they are.
    Either way, it's fairly straightforward if you look at how they're attached. Then again, depending on what cylinders aren't working, you may not be able to remove either one without using a crane, forklift, tractor, or something similar.

I'm overdue for my fourth (or maybe it's fifth?) re-read of the Owner's thread. If I get a chance to do it, I'll try to make a note of which pages have relevant info on the subject.

Thanks

Start with the TM’s . This did not need a post.

Thanks

I think this is one of those "If you have to ask, don't do it" situations.

FLUs are quite complex is several aspects, but how the attachments are held on is definitely not one of them.

Private
    Thanks

Well then let me apologize for my plebian inquiry.
    Personally, I find personal experience to be of great value in many endeavors.
    I'd love to hear why someone might approach it a certain way, and why. Maybe learn the mistakes of others. First hand knowledge from multiple sources is far more valuable than a TM.
    If this forum is not a means to share information between people with similar interests, what is it? Simply group masturbation for those who think they have know everything, and have all the answers?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm417 View Post
    I'd love to hear why someone might approach it a certain way, and why. Maybe learn the mistakes of others. First hand knowledge from multiple sources is far more valuable than a TM.
    Okay, so it sounds like what you'd really like us/me to do is to go through the main thread for you and then post the most relevant pages, saving you the trouble?
    Or would it be more convenient if someone wrote a new post, condensing it into one really long one?

Private
    Thanks

If you would like to impress me, simply answer the question that was originally asked. Other than that, have a nice day...

Thanks

Sorry, I'm out. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast