• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solarizer system mounting questions

DREDnot

Im finally getting around to replacing my solargizer system.

The original was "de-milled" by cutting the wires just under the hood and removing the whole harness/box stuff.

Im wondering if anyone has pics of the units as they were installed originally? If there was a standard routing for the wires or mount location for the converter box. Or were they all just cobbled in however they pleased from unit to unit?

I mounted the panel in its original location and have installed a weatherpac connector at the hood hinge area. Now im looking for the original wiring routing path for the hood mounted solar panel and where was the control box usually mounted?

DSCN5852.jpg

DSCN5863.jpg

DSCN7683.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The control boxes are usually mounted in the battery boxes on all the trucks I have ever seen regardless of their model.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As many of those i installed in the day..we would scew the box to the battery box. panel in the space by the air cleaner stack on non arm. Arm we made a bracket that attached to the existing a piller armor.

let me look for some pics

DREDnot

The box by the door and run your wires thru the slave port hole into the box.
LOL, I went and looked up under the lip of the box and found the old unit.

DSCN8787.jpg

DSCN8788.jpg

I'm like..."this is too easy". So I mounted it in the same holes. Later, when reinstalling the battery box lid, I feel it rocking on the lip of the cover and top of the control unit.

DSCN8846.jpg

DSCN8791.jpg

Had to drill new holes to move it down a bit.

DSCN8847.jpg

Ran the harness along the top of the frame rail secured to the vent lines.

DSCN8845.jpg

DSCN8851.jpg

Weller

Thanks for posting the photos. My solar controller is mounted in the same box, but I've modified the wiring so I can quick connect/disconnect to a solar panel on the carport/garage roof. It's an extra step, as I have to remember to disconnect before driving, but batteries remain topped off while she is parked out of the sun.

Weller

Yup, sorry for the confusion, I have a small 24v charge controller in the box as well, that way the pulsetech has a power source when parked out of the sun. Seeing the photos inspires me to clean up my battery box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks