• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Singer JTIDS S250 Shelter Project

Weller

I gutted mine and rewired it to 120v, and I converted one end of the original power cord to a 3 prong. There was no ECU. It did have the lower 19" rack, and I added the top rack on the table. I also installed a bunk on the right side. I still need to make a Cushion for it. I installed a folding seat out of a Chrysler mini van for the "Command Chair" lol. Got it new from a company that does conversions. Mounted to a base I got out of a 90's era Ford van. Perfect height. If you decide to pull any of the mast clamps of the side and want to part with one, please let me know. I have a broken one.
The wiring in mine was so neatly done I didn't want to modify it much. However, I noticed all the breakers are 400 Hz, so it's all been coming out. I'll keep the panels and switches (I love switches), add at least one 15 amp 120vac input for accessories, with a 2nd dedicated 15a for a 5000 btu mini ac unit.

The fans and lights are 24vdc so 2 solar panels on the roof and 2 12v non lead batteries tucked inside the lower box will power all my basics.

20190413_151115.jpg 20190413_122543.jpg

After cleaning it and sitting at the command table with the door closed I imagined a setup similar to yours, with monitors of my trail cams.

If I pull a mast clamp I'll let you know for sure.

Guyfang

Staff member
The micro switch is to turn off the lights, when the door is opened. At night, you could see it from miles away, in a blackout situation. So as soon as you open it a tad, out goes the lights. The switch next to it, allows you to bypass the micro switch, and keep the lights on all the time.

Weller

The micro switch is to turn off the lights, when the door is opened. At night, you could see it from miles away, in a blackout situation. So as soon as you open it a tad, out goes the lights. The switch next to it, allows you to bypass the micro switch, and keep the lights on all the time.
I'm glad you mentioned that, I'll post a close up on the door switches, as I'd like to rewire them.

M0190412_162558.jpg

Here it is rotated and close up, I'm not certain but looks as though it would work as an AC or DC switch.

Last edited:

Dock Rocker

Dock Rocker, The width is 75 inches. The same size as a twin mattress. Hope this is the right number you were looking for.
I think I have it sorted out using your measurements. Somehow I got the drawings for an AN/MSQ-85. Apparently they are a tad smaller. Thank you for the assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
I'm glad you mentioned that, I'll post a close up on the door switches, as I'd like to rewire them.

View attachment 766404

Here it is rotated and close up, I'm not certain but looks as though it would work as an AC or DC switch.
Roger. That switch can take any voltage you hook it up with. In some of our van, we had 120 and 24vdc lighting. And of course blackout systems. My shop set #4 Engineer Expando Van had also a blue light system, that turned off the normal lighting when the door opened, and turned on 24 VDC blue lights, so you can see at least a little.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks