• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New ride finally home!

exhogflyer

Well, after a REALLY long drive home, my Deuce is finally here! BIG thanks to a SS member from Michigan, Richard Neely and his wife Rita. Great people, wish we lived closer to enjoy more things with. If anything this truck was BETTER than he said, possibly the CLEANEST deuce I've seen to date. 12 hours from Michigan to home, NO issues, NO oil usage or leaks, averaged about 4 GPH at 50 mph, loud as **** ( I had ear protection) and when we got home I took my wife for a ride and she said " after 12 hours you're still smiling?" Oh man, here we go!!! 1971 AM General
IMG_0772.jpgIMG_0774.jpgIMG_7205.jpg

TGP (IL)

Nice Looking Truck.
Obviously as good mechanically as it looks.

He give you any pointers on what he treated the fuel with if any?
If not I would treat it with something like Howe's, Power Service, or Stanadyne treatment
To help keep the Lubricity up, and the system clean.
Also keep the water drained off the filters and tank.

Today's Biodiesel is terrible for sitting long term.

Hopefully he told you his PM secrets?

Enjoy your new ride.

Real Nice,
Tom

dmetalmiki

12 HOURS! well done you. And I feel a drive of over 2 hours a long drive nowadays.
Fantastic looking condition, And the mechanicals must be absolutely spot on by the sound of it.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the fever! I have a 71 Also,'put A/C, (Posted the install on SS), Gotta have air in FL, air assist steering and Front wheel Lock outs. Redid most everything else except power train. Tons of fun. Oh, I added a Donaldson muffler. Don't have to wear hearing protection!

Welcome!
DHennon

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on getting your new truck, teach your wife to drive it so she can experience the "big smile".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks