• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 weather stripping sites

85CUCVtom

I am a fan of Precision brand weather stripping. I have a few pieces from them and they fit well. Looking forward to getting new door and window seals from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
85CUCVtom,

The weather shipping I received from the Truckshop in the link above was from Precision.

85CUCVtom

85CUCVtom,

The weather shipping I received from the Truckshop in the link above was from Precision.
Nice. I think you can order from Precision direct, at least you used to be able to. The Truckshop is the one with the orange logo right?

Breacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice. I think you can order from Precision direct, at least you used to be able to. The Truckshop is the one with the orange logo right?

Yes, it has the orange logo. You can also order direct from Precision, but the truck stop was cheaper and it was from Precision.

Last edited:

85CUCVtom

Yes, it has the orange logo. You can also order direct from Precision, but the truck stop was cheaper and it was from Precision.
I'll keep that in mind.

I ordered the metal backed window seals that clip into the door from LMC and was less than satisfied with the fit. I don't remember the manufacturer but they too a ton of manipulation to make them fit. I feel like LMC is a crap shoot sometimes.

Breacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll keep that in mind.

I ordered the metal backed window seals that clip into the door from LMC and was less than satisfied with the fit. I don't remember the manufacturer but they too a ton of manipulation to make them fit. I feel like LMC is a crap shoot sometimes.
The one's from truck shop fit just right no fighting with them they snapped right in for the windows.

Breacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In this link you posted : http://www.truckandcarshop.com/trucks73_91/t73_061.html

They list part # 81-357912 as Division Bar Channel Upper and Rear (in middle of ad)

I can't figure out what exactly that is and where it goes on the door. The $69 kit you mentioned seems like it includes everything except the vent window seals. Good price!
Gunfreak,

The complete kit from truckstop is the 69.00 one on the bottom link I listed it is part number 81-35831 it is bottom right of the page. Picture added below the part is highlighted . Also, the top link is for the door on top, not the inner door weather stripping.

F7EA5F46-F396-472A-BE11-4DC2A1E38AA4.jpg

Gunfreak25

Thanks Breacher. I spent an hour this morning going through the catalog pages on the link you provided. They carry the upper door foam seals (called "auxiliary" seals) themselves as well.

I put an entire shopping cart together that contained every piece of rubber that's replaceable and the total came to $503 not counting the bed rail to top side seals which the shopping cart wouldn't add properly for some reason.

My truck spent it's life in AZ so every bit weatherstrip from the doors to the seals for the rear quarter windows is toasted. 550 ish bucks isn't bad to replace it all. And I too, have not heard the greatest things about LMC stuff.

Breacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem I also posted a word document in the post called ”Question for everyone working on CUCV” it has a huge list of sites for parts.

Here are the sites I used for weather stripping.

On door weather stripping top of the door

https://raybuck.com/product/1973-87-1973-91-gm-fullsize-upper-door-seals-on-door/

Door windows kit (cheapest price) part number 81-35831
http://www.truckandcarshop.com/trucks73_91/t73_061.html

Also LMC TRUCKS and BROTHERS
Hello Breacher!
I just wanted to say THANK YOU! For the top of door weatherstripping, I was trying to order from Brothers and wasn't sure if the product was right, thanks to you, I was able to go to Raybuck and know I was getting the right part. Thanks, Anthony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks