• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Current armor values

Coltman15

Hello all,

I’m new on the forum, currently importing a CVRT out of the UK. Just waiting on the form 6. My CVRT is the Sabre variant, former scorpion and upgraded/changed to the 30mm equipped fox turret. The old girl is coming from Rob Dove Rapid Vehicle Restorations, previously restored by him.

I’ve got a long winded deal in place on my end, but what is the market for one in the USA? As much as I’m sure I’ll like the Sabre, I also lean toward more “Eastern European” options (bmp series). So what’s the market like for those in the USA as well?

Thanks for the add to the forum and I’m excited to learn a lot from this forum. I’m transitioning my belt fed hobbies to something a little more armored :)!

Coltman15

Last edited:

Coltman15

D284402C-01F9-499F-B50F-D1E693B5BC10.jpg3F482E4F-5387-483B-9C96-184F15E93BBC.jpg0FC42B11-1594-4D4C-9015-F76D6DAAC556.jpg

Here is what the old girl looks like. In the pics, all the periscopes are off and stored in the boxes for shipping and I’m most likely going to have the night sight with armored housing installed before it gets over here. Intercoms are installed but the only thing missing is a clansman radio system.

waayfast

WOW! Thanks for posting this up and welcome from Salmon River Country!

Not real up on armor prices (that will change just as soon as that winning lotto ticket shows up here). Seems like the British toys run cheaper and are easier to import than the Eastern Block stuff. But the eastern armor (or anything thing for that matter) has such a mystique, almost taboo appeal to it. As usual I'm about 10-15 years to late in getting a cheap T34-85 dropped at my door.

About a week ago there was a T34-85 on the big -ee auction site. Listed at 225,000$ Did not sell. (hey but I kept the seller's name handy when my lotto ticket shows up!).

Keep us posted and keep posting pics!

Jim

Last edited:

Coltman15

I wish I could buy an actual tank, but I think my old lady would hang me from the barrel!. I’m specifically thinking about Soviet APCs, bmp, ot-90, and like vehicles. How many of them are in the good old USA, what do they go for? Thanks everyone!

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Jericho

in England a CVRT can go as low as 12k pounds, different models fetch different prices , Cost are going up steadily. There is a member here with a much more recent pulse DEmetalmiki I think the days of 6000 pound sterling CVRTs are gone . BUT the prices can range widely depending on model, condition, BII ect

Coltman15

Well I know what I paid and it was a far more than 12k pounds. Gun models were well over 30k pounds. Diesel models were pushing 40k pounds. Maybe you guys can shed some light on this but apparently the MOD isn’t selling off armor anymore and vehicles in dealer/individual hands are the only ones that are in circulation.

I guess I’m wondering if there is a difference in market value in the USA as compared to what they bring in the UK? I’d kinda like to sell it once it gets here and would like to know how much of a difference in price a bmp is?

Last edited:

Jericho

There are few if any left in MOD stores that are slated for sale. The British Military is very small compared to the US. . Third Air Force USAF. Had more airplanes in England in the hey day. 80 s and early 90 s than the entire RAF MOD has supplied a few sultanate and puppet regeims over the years with weapons systems . And I believe your correct. To buy one now it’s a second or third owner selling it . Where the US fields weapons systems in the thousands. The British field in the hundreds. Sometimes less There simply isn’t a large volume of surplus to be had If you paid 40 thousand dollars or less you did ok. It will gain in value slowly. But never attain the gains of a Sherman or tiger. The CVRT is simply a mini tank. It wasn’t really tested ina major battle nor is it in the league of a M1. Or a cent. But they are neat. I like them.

teletech

As a CVR(T) owner, I do keep an eye out to see what the US market looks like. I've seen turreted CVR(T) offered up in supposedly good running condition for $59-80K in the last few years and know a fellow who has several non-turreted ones in the states that are really rough non-runners for something south of $20k. I'm not aware that any of those that I've seen have actually sold however.

As for the MOD selling off any more, well they already did:
https://warisboring.com/fearing-rus...mies-just-bought-a-bunch-of-armored-vehicles/

Last edited:

Coltman15

Thanks for the replies guys. I will probably sell mine when it gets here. So if anyone is looking for one restored ( in the USA) by Robert Dove, give me a call ;). My heart just wants something Soviet. I fall in love with their armor, it’s sleek but also rougher that heck at the same time. I really need to stop watching the movie 9th Company!

teletech

Thanks for the replies guys. I will probably sell mine when it gets here. So if anyone is looking for one restored ( in the USA) by Robert Dove, give me a call ;). My heart just wants something Soviet. I fall in love with their armor, it’s sleek but also rougher that heck at the same time. I really need to stop watching the movie 9th Company!
"Four Tank Men and a Dog" will get you all the T-34 goodness you might want.
Good luck with customs, I think coming into the east coast is much better.
Did you get the Rarden with yours?

Coltman15

Just a dummy barrel, sights both day and night are there. Customs shouldn’t be too bad because I’m having someone else handle everything!

teletech

Just a dummy barrel, sights both day and night are there. Customs shouldn’t be too bad because I’m having someone else handle everything!
Are you shipping in a container or RORO?
If it's a container I'd suggest removing the dummy bbl and setting it in the very front of the container.
Sorry, getting off-topic there. But while I'm in the weeds anyway, if you are doing a container and have room to spare, PM me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks