• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temple, TX Air Show May 3-5, 2019

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So unlike last year there is no info on the Temple Air show. I know some of the TX guys go and do a static disply, whos going or has info?

Last edited by a moderator:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually the Air Show is May 3-5. You might ask a moderator to correct the thread title.

Lone Star MVPA will be there with an impressive display of vehicles and accessories.

(MOD NOTE: Thread Title Show Dated CORRECTED)

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith_J

Got my 1031 ready. The Rube Goldbergish air conditioning is fixed. Vibration wore a hole in the aluminum compressor high pressure line. GTAW got it done. Then fixed the bad vibration issue.

Vacation approved.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my 1031 ready. The Rube Goldbergish air conditioning is fixed. Vibration wore a hole in the aluminum compressor high pressure line. GTAW got it done. Then fixed the bad vibration issue.
Vacation approved.
We can coordinate a convoy if you want. I plan on leaving early enough to be there noonish and will be going via Burnet then across to 35 to miss Austin. I'd prefer not dealing Austonian (Austinian?) drivers while pulling the trailer.

Keith_J

We can coordinate a convoy if you want. I plan on leaving early enough to be there noonish and will be going via Burnet then across to 35 to miss Austin. I'd prefer not dealing Austonian (Austinian?) drivers while pulling the trailer.
If you don't mind a mile a minute rate, its a go. I get off 0400 Friday morning, with enough caffeine, I can do 200 miles. But once up there, I will be sleeping until 1700. Probably throwing a reflective tarp over the 1031 for sleeping quarters. Would be cool to borrow your battery op fan. I have a good spare deep cycle battery.

Plan on throwing a brisket on the BBQ once arriving so by evening, we have good eats.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't mind a mile a minute rate, its a go. I get off 0400 Friday morning, with enough caffeine, I can do 200 miles. But once up there, I will be sleeping until 1700. Probably throwing a reflective tarp over the 1031 for sleeping quarters. Would be cool to borrow your battery op fan. I have a good spare deep cycle battery.

Plan on throwing a brisket on the BBQ once arriving so by evening, we have good eats.
Oh I remember the brisket! Best I ever had.

Keith_J

All three days. Work has an open house on Saturday so only 1 day of vacation burned :) Convoy Friday morning, get the fire going and then 6 hours of sleep.

Back in 2013, it was quite cool so hoping for like weather. We have had thunderstorms and high winds.

Barrman

Yes, we almost always have a severe storm come through while camping there. I can’t make it this year due to Colton have Corps stuff that weekend.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to just head straight up from work as you'd make it through Austin before the rush started and then could get more sleep. If not, I don't want to leave at 0430 so drive reeeeeeeaaaalll slow coming to my place.

Yes, we almost always have a severe storm come through while camping there. I can’t make it this year due to Colton have Corps stuff that weekend.
Sorry you can't make it Tim. Tell Colton we'll miss him as well. Before too long he'll be out of school and have his own adult reasons for not making it either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks