• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV 1078 A1 US Truck Size Code

dbeasty

The WA state licensing did put for my LMTV 1078 A1 in a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating Code: Class 8 - 33,0001 punds and more.

Which resulted in $308 Tab fee, which most off it is $247 Gross weight fee funds road, ... improvement

Is it classified correctly? My guess just scanning the follow table ( and looking for aproximate truck size):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truck_classification

Would be that the LMTV 1078 is a class 7

Does anyone has some good hard data I can use to talk to WA licensing to change my title..and or suggestions?

coachgeo

The WA state licensing did put for my LMTV 1078 A1 in a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating Code: Class 8 - 33,0001 punds and more....
more like a class 6. LIGHT Medium TV= LMTV. Aka it is basically a Kodiak truck on a few steroids.

Did they read the weights on the plate at bottom of truck dash? if so they grossly miss read it. I'd go to a truck stop and get it weight certified and take that and a pic of the plate on your dash so the numbers are more clear.

Last edited:

dbeasty

Thanks for poinint a door sticker. That said called a friendly WA DOL office and was told that we can change the class ( and has to be a minimum of 150% of the empty vehicle weight) but its not going to lower the $247 fee..

coachgeo

Thanks for poinint a door sticker. That said called a friendly WA DOL office and was told that we can change the class ( and has to be a minimum of 150% of the empty vehicle weight) but its not going to lower the $247 fee..
it's not a sticker.... a big metal plate. I forget what is on the plate I'm thinking off.... but if it is not on that plate it will be on another.... quick search shows it on inside passenger door panel of A1's. Mines an A0 and 45min away

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you figure the 12,000 towing capability class 8 would be correct.

[h=1]M-1078 FMTV Characteristics[/h]
Curb Weight16,699 lb (7,575 kg)
Length253 in (6,420 mm)
Width96 in (2,438 mm)
Oper. Height112 in (2,845 mm)
Air Trans. Height105.5 in (2,680 mm)
Wheelbase153.5 in (3,900 mm)
Range (Min. Gr. Wt.)400+ mi (645+ km)
Approach Angle40°
Departure Angle40°
Payload5,000 lb (2,268 kg)
Towed Load12,000 lb (5,443 kg)
Inside Cargo Bed Length149 in (3,784 mm)
Inside Cargo Bed Width91 in (2,314 mm)

Ronmar

The A0 operators manual lists curb weight as 17,770 with a note that curb weight includes 404lb of fuel and 606lb of crew...

When I went to get mine licensed, they gave me a GWT transfer certificate to certify unladen weight, either scale or estimate. But since mine is a cab and chassis(listed on the sales document) Wa DMV cannot license it until I get the bed/hab floor on it and turn it back into a truck...

Last edited:

Fun4me

Are you using the truck to work or tow with?
i don't know about your state but VA has a military vehicle tag.
One time 100.00 fee but you can only use for pleasure driving,
pretty much the same rules as antique tag.
may be worth looking into if your not using for work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks