• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question for everyone working on CUCV’s

Breacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been gathering sites during my rebuild of my M1009; I am seeing if anyone wants me to post them all. This forum has been a great help also I would just like to make it easy for people to find simple parts to the hard to find parts.

My journey all began when my headlights did not work to me now rebuilding my dashing wiring harness myself with the help of some of the members on here that color-coded the diagrams. I have found the fuse block terminals to replace also.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure lets see what you got. You never know who might be doing a task that you have already done, and your work may save them some time and money.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Electrical Gremlins are one of the chinks in the CUCV's armor. Condensers, relays, wiring issues are easily found in the TM's provided here on site. Also there are posts that help as well.

I like to follow rebuilds, follow parts replacement and helpful tips on all Military Equipment.

Parts are getting hard to find but vendors on site help with some of the parts as well. Someone will give a definitive answer shortly.

Last edited:

Breacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Attached are some of the sites this list is not exhaustive I know there are probably more if so please add yours to this post thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

Breacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cucvmule,

I will post pics this weekend, and anyone looking for help on the wiring harnesses let me know I have had to trace every wire in the dash due to a hack job by some else. I have also been reading fixes that members have posted on here and working with my guys in my Motor Pool and Heavy Equipment section. If anyone needs help on this task let me know but there are some members that know way more than me.

Breacher

Breacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you considered exchanging the entire wiring harness from an unhacked CUCV?
Yes, I have, but I am a glutton for punishment. No really when I started this rebuild, I was going to send it into Hillbilly Wizard, but when I started reading these forums I thought well I might as well learn as much as possible about the electrical. The harness is not that difficult to rebuild now that I have dug into it. It is just time-consuming. Also, I love a challenge. You post have been very helpful also cucvrus.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks