• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Length difference between front and rear axles on M923?

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've search the forum and net but cannot find the axle length (hub face to hub face) for the front and rear axles on a M923. Really what I need is just the offset between the two as I'm trying to understand wheel offsets when singling out the truck. I don't mind mixing steel and aluminum wheels, but want to know how the front/rear wheels will be to each other with different combos.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There should be no difference if its a truck that is singled already. If you have duals on the back, all you need to do is flip the hubs and you'll be back to the same width.

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On a M939, the brake drum connects to the hub with same studs that hold the tire so you can't flip. A duece brake drum uses the same bolt pattern as axle connection to the hub so you can reverse the hubs.

Rear hubs on M939, from the -24P, page 316, fig 315
M939 rear hubs diagram from tm24p fig 315.PNG

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot to mention in my original post I don't have access to the truck so I can't just crawl underneath with a tape measure which is why I asked the question. I'm not THAT lazy.:whistle:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks