• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

broken inner spring hydraulic head

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I have problems with my communication skills this week. Here is a pic of the fuel control assembly. This is the part I have found to get stuck most often. You had to remove it to get the head out. Now if the plunger sleeve was stuck to the plunger the fuel control would not move freely when you checked it when it was installed. Now if it moves free after you removed it then the plunger sleeve is stuck to the plunger. You said yours was moving free. So this leads me to think your fuel control assembly was stuck. This fuel control must move free and when it is installed and engine off it should look like it is in the 7 o:clock position. With your finger you can move it to the 4 o'clock position or towards the firewall but the governor spring will snap it back to the 7;oclock position.

Attachments

Last edited:

marcel 01

reassembled the HH yesterday with new gaskets and seals, put a drop of gearoil on the sleeve/plunger and the fuel control assembly and the truck is up and running again.
seems in this case it was only the broken spring.
20190427_133356.jpg

marcel 01

thx, I bought the truck while needing a lot of t.l.cIMG-20140802-WA0007.jpg and is also a big salute for all the men and women who served in the vietnam war. thx for sharing the tips and tricks.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea Allens spring was broken too and we were just hopeing it broke on it's own and did not go to wide open throttle. There is the possibility that Allen's motor did go to WOT and broke the spring. On Allen's there were no sign's of a stuck fuel control assembly as it was moving free and correct on R&R. My post came out wrong in my wording so I tried to correct it and not upset members.
Allen and I were think about asking if anyone who has had a motor / stuck fuel control go to WOT if they had a spring break.
This is the first two cases of broken springs I have heard of but I could have missed the thread or post about it. Just glad both members got back up and running. Allen changed his oil before I thought about sending some off to Blackstone for a look see. Guess he could still do it with the new oil as there still might be enough goodies to check for wear material.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks