• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GoDove HMMWV GMV, Anyone get EUC?

Crapgame

Last time I was at gp in chambersburg, the guy was physically pi$$ed off that GL had hmmwv's at all. He said they were actively working to find out how they got them since their contract with the govt to sell mv's was pulled. And that they were filing a complaint about it. I wonder if gp is sabotaging this sale. Im getting pretty irritated that my 10grand is sitting there in a lot somewher in pa were i cant get it. And nothing I can do about it. As far as i know not a single truck has been released from this auction event.
Somebody with GL would have had to put in a contract bid on this SOCOM GMV lot through the FBO.GOV RFP.

I dunno, I'm about to the point of being pissed off, no time to do the restoration before storm season starts here. 6mos on an EUC is ridiculous.

Edit: BTW: 151 Days for EUC plus 2 weeks I lost due to wrong address on invoice they said wouldn't matter when I paid for it.

Last edited:

awind

So have you guys received the same information I have about removing the turrent ring? They sure hacked them out of there. I am being told there may be some financial compensation for this stupid action. Hwat are you guys seeing?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So have you guys received the same information I have about removing the turrent ring? They sure hacked them out of there. I am being told there may be some financial compensation for this stupid action. Hwat are you guys seeing?
Given all the problems AND the hack jobs, why would you guys even consider keeping these vehicles that have been sitting unattended for so long?

I would ask for a full refund PLUS INTEREST!

I think anyone who accepts these vehicles is in for a bad surprise and will regret not getting their money back.

MHO, YMMV

desmodromic

Given all the problems AND the hack jobs, why would you guys even consider keeping these vehicles that have been sitting unattended for so long?
I would ask for a full refund PLUS INTEREST!
I think anyone who accepts these vehicles is in for a bad surprise and will regret not getting their money back.
MHO, YMMV
LOL. These trucks have been sitting for years and are in a secured lot. What is another couple of months going to do? I guess you do not have a very good understanding of the surplus process.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL. These trucks have been sitting for years and are in a secured lot. What is another couple of months going to do? I guess you do not have a very good understanding of the surplus process.
I have an excellent idea of hack jobs and surplus and what happens when vehicles sit outside unattended.

Not looking for a confrontation here, just saying that these vehicles have too many red flags IMHO. Obviously you disagree, and that's cool, but I think something bad is going on with this set of HMMWV's.

What ever happened to the turbo/engine you mentioned to me in a post a long time ago? I tried PM'ing you but never heard back.

Last edited:

desmodromic

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I sold the Turbo powerpack, along with 5 more.

I have an excellent idea of hack jobs and surplus and what happens when vehicles sit outside unattended.

Not looking for a confrontation here, just saying that these vehicles have too many red flags IMHO. Obviously you disagree, and that's cool, but I think something bad is going on with this set of HMMWV's.

What ever happened to the turbo/engine you mentioned to me in a post a long time ago? I tried PM'ing you but never heard back.

Crapgame

Per Dave on Tuesday 21 May:
I wanted to provide you with a quick update. The revised Certificates of Destruction have been forwarded to the TSC office in Ft. Belvoir. They will begin processing the EUC packages next week. Hopefully we will begin to see approvals coming in the next couple of weeks.
I still haven't received my full refund via wire transfer or by snailmailed check. Somebody might get their trucks before I get my refund.

Crapgame

Cobra-3-8, you are the third I've heard got their refund already. I was first to pay back in November and I still haven't received anything. First to pay, last to get paid back. At least they haven't run another auction yet.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a joke this entire sale of trucks has become...I spoke with these guys when they first got trucks, they actually called
me. I was skeptical from the get go....

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The real fun will begin with the SF97's. I've seen a few of these and the vast majority are not the normal 6 digit serial number in the VIN spot, but are prefixed by the Army serial number letter combination as well. For example, mine is manufacturer ser. no. 169115, but the SF97 says it is NG4PVB169115. It may make no difference, but just more potential random confusion to deal with down the road.

desmodromic

The real fun will begin with the SF97's. I've seen a few of these and the vast majority are not the normal 6 digit serial number in the VIN spot, but are prefixed by the Army serial number letter combination as well. For example, mine is manufacturer ser. no. 169115, but the SF97 says it is NG4PVB169115. It may make no difference, but just more potential random confusion to deal with down the road.
Soooo, does this mean you have taken physical custody of a Go-Dove GMV?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, Just got an email confirming my paid invoice which says pick up within 10 days, BUT, I'm not confident the EUC's have been approved so I'm keeping my powder dry until verification.

Awol

What a joke.

It shouldn't take several weeks, let alone several months. Incompetence at its finest.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After seeing what I thunk they paid the govt per unit and what the retail reality is, I doubt they do it again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks