• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GoDove HMMWV GMV, Anyone get EUC?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought the shoulder bolts directly from MSG. They are $12 each. As for inner reinforcements I used 2x2x1/4 inch square stock and drilled the holes to avoid as many rivets as possible. That's all that was there originally.2018071295150946951531433450676.jpg

Last edited:

FKAM

We had them installed my last tour in Afghanistan, way back when, and they came without cushions. We had to improvise. But maybe someone has made some since.

Last edited:

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Without cushions". We sure know how to take care of our fighters. (sarcasm intended). I figured I would check around before I had some made. I know they are rare birds so I can't imagine a large or even a small market for them. Thanks, L

FKAM

"Without cushions". We sure know how to take care of our fighters. (sarcasm intended).
In all honesty, I believe we were pretty well taken care of. The seats came at a time when they were desperately trying to up armor the trucks as fast as they could in any way they could. The RFI (Rapid Fielding Initiative) was in full swing, where units were authorized in some instances to go directly to venders and purchase things, especially anything that was focused on force protection. It was a time of almost anything goes truck modification so long as it was for force protection.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those that have not yet picked their truck up, here is a little tip. I picked mine up and it wouldn't start. Long story short, I narrowed it down to the injection pump. Had fuel In but not out. Power to the solenoid wires was good. I had to take the top of the injection pump off which houses the shut off solenoid. The problem was, some of these trucks sat for a long time. And were possibly ran empty when they were being moved. The mechanism inside that the shut off solenoid pushes to open the fuel supply was gummed up with rust corrosion and fuel residue. It just took a little brass wire brush, dental pick, pb blaster and brake parts cleaner along with some compressed air to blow it out. It runs like a champ now! You will need the dental pick to pull the epoxy out of one of the bolts holding the top on the pump, and a 5 SIDED (not the normal 6) tamper resistant torx bit size t25 to get the 3 bolts out of the top cover. It only took 20 minutes to do the whole thing once I got the epoxy out of the one bolt. Here are a couple pics.20190719_162856.jpg20190719_162906.jpg20190719_163011.jpg
The part at the top right of the bowl pivots on a pin just beneath the brass rod. You will need to free that up to get the fuel flowing again. Hope this helps somebody.

Crapgame

Ballistic Products MC Cushion Cover.jpg15 Bay Ammo Rack.jpg
They are wasting time, Sept 30 is coming quickly.

Lionel, I've made a few sets of seat cushion covers for the Ballistic Products Kevlar bucket seats, the above I made in 1000d Multicam for a friend.

I also have two each 3x7.62 12x50BMG GMV Ammo Can racks to horse-trade. Probably an earlier configuration before they went to recycling the 60mm mortar PA70 ammo cans. Seen on some Israeli GMVs.

Last edited:

Crapgame

My dad and I picked up our GMV today. Long drive at 15 hours one way.

Drove it onto the trailer. It’s in great shape.

Also caught up to the MVPA convoy on Hwy 30 past Chambersburg on the way back home which was neat to see.
What was your Lot # and have you joined the Fakebook GMV Builders' Group yet? Its a support group for GMV Addicts.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tires too cracked for use, batteries shot and smart start box all shot on mine. ($$$$)
Need to start new thread "Anyone get SF97 from Go-Dov?"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks