• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GoDove HMMWV GMV, Anyone get EUC?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thing is for me, I want a real GMV. Not that there's anything wrong with conversions. It's just me. So this is my shot. And I'm a patient man, thank goodness.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok. They told me my EUC cleared and to make an appointment to pick it up. Finally.

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Ok. They told me my EUC cleared and to make an appointment to pick it up. Finally.
I try not to be too much of a pessimist, but... I'd hold on tight to all of your travel/transportation receipts as well as your approval letters, in case you show up and tell you that you can't take it away when you get there, despite what they've told you now. Might help with getting them to reimburse the costs you incurred because of an error they made.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pick up appointment is next Friday. The lot boss said he's got slave cables, so should be easy. I'll post pics.

maga

Congrats Lionel. Let us know if you think the roof is secure enough to have the truck transported across the country if you wouldn't mind. Also what was the time frame they gave you to pick up your truck?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats Lionel. Let us know if you think the roof is secure enough to have the truck transported across the country if you wouldn't mind. Also what was the time frame they gave you to pick up your truck?
The time to pick up was 11, set by me. The lot boss there is really cool and there was nothing hard set or "must be this or that". The roof will definitely need to be braced. A buddy is making arrangements to get his at the same time and we are bringing tools, 2x4's, straps, zip ties, duct tape, clamps, you name it, to secure them. Its either that or full removal. But I'm only transporting 2 hours away and I have the whole day blocked out. I'll post pics and have plenty of suggestions and advice afterward I'm sure.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I understand the question now. There was no hard and fast, "get it in 10 days or else we'll start charging storage" thing. I think that would be pretty ballsy in light of the cluster**** getting to this point.

maga

Ha, sorry, I wasn't very clear, I meant did they tell you to pick it up in the next 10 days or anything like that? I'll be having to arrange a transport for mine across the country. Want to go strap mine up as well? I'll throw you a couple hundred bucks if you can get mine secured down while you're there. Let me know your thoughts.

Crapgame

And I still don't have a refund...…...………………………………

Good luck, Lionel! Let us know how you shore up the tin roof.

Crapgame

So I will admit a mistake has been made. For whatever reason my bank account didn't send me a text/email that the deposit was made by wire transfer on May 14th. I have flags set up for withdrawal or deposits over a certain amount automatically send me a text after my last debit card number was being used in Colo Spgs 2 weeks after I moved to to Florida. So the mistake was mine for not checking my online banking frequently enough, not on G-D.

diluted

The time to pick up was 11, set by me. The lot boss there is really cool and there was nothing hard set or "must be this or that". The roof will definitely need to be braced. A buddy is making arrangements to get his at the same time and we are bringing tools, 2x4's, straps, zip ties, duct tape, clamps, you name it, to secure them. Its either that or full removal. But I'm only transporting 2 hours away and I have the whole day blocked out. I'll post pics and have plenty of suggestions and advice afterward I'm sure.
Why not just take the roof off before you bring it home? There should only be what.. 2 bolts holding it now now?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, things could not have gone any smoother this morning. GL guy Mike was there and had my truck all lined up for loadout. Jumped me with a slave truck and up on the trailer I went. 0621191223_HDR.jpg
That's my bud Jessie standing there supervising the loadout. Really appreciated his help and insight today.

Last edited:

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took a good hard look at the roof situation and determined that the remaining components more than adequatly held the roof in place. The other fellows I talked to who picked up today had the same opinion. 2 hour drive home and no issues whatsoever. The roof never budged.

cruzinz28

Thanks for letting me tag along Lionel! Getting to see these trucks in person was awesome. Although I am 3/4 done my replica GMV build I really started to eye up a couple of these trucks up while I was there.

We noted a lot of little differences between the trucks while we were there as well. Like some of the trucks had a small reinforcement panel riveted on the bottom corners outside of the tail lights where others didnt. Some had marking for 3/4 rocker guards and some had the marking from full ones. Goes to show how many little variations there were as these trucks evolved.

I did score some pictures of other trucks and will get those pictures posted this evening. This weekend I have been humping it on outside projects while it’s sunny with no threats of rain.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Power washing today and man what a clean machine under all that dirt and algae. Except for the tape residue of all that hook and loop tape. Gotta figure out what will take that off short of a grinder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks