• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GoDove HMMWV GMV, Anyone get EUC?

Crapgame

91087258 - Copy.jpg
Well done, Lionel!

CruizinZ28, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. All these trucks are going to have different bolt holes and rivet nuts set into the cargo floor and wheelhouses, due to the myriad of ammo can racks, brackets and other parts installed by the individual ODAs to suit their particular mission or deployment. its going to take some detective work looking at multiple layers of paint, bolt holes, rust stain, etc

Example, I was talking to Ryan about the CIF trucks that had the MSG tubing cargo rail kits installed instead of the sheet metal cargo panels, about why there was a strip of black paint showing on the front winch/bumper plate. It didn't seem reasonable that the maint. section would just tape off a 6" high strip of the black plate when the trucks were overpainted in tan for deployment. Ryan's hypothesis was, these trucks had the Ibistek bumper or the original Sanford NC welder mfg custom bumper that Ibistek copied installed.

I was told they are no longer allowed to sell the trucks off auction.

Last edited:

Crapgame

Are you saying no more will be sold from the bunch that was transported from CO to PA?
Some trucks were sold direct since the last govdeals auction. But I placed an offer and was told I had to wait for the next auction they were no longer allowed to sell them direct.

Crapgame

Its a shame the 1165 series won't be auctioned. To me that is a gross waste of taxpayer funds. If an EUC applicant passes a background check throu TriCheck then you should be able to buy anything short of an M1A2 tank. Not like an 1165 will stop a 50BMG or Dushka (my book says 7.62x54R AP and artillery frag)

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My intelligence says next auction is slated for..... removed by Mod, future auction talk is a nogo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My intelligence says next auction is slated for..... removed by Mod, future auction talk is a nogo!
Mules, even just the date? Dang, sorry about that.

Yep
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crapgame

Mules, even just the date? Dang, sorry about that.

Yep
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
Can I ask what the purpose of that rule is? So somebody doesn't get outbid by $5 on something they wanted?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can I ask what the purpose of that rule is? So somebody doesn't get outbid by $5 on something they wanted?
Chainbreaker had this to say on the topic -

"As one example: If i communicate to you that "I will bid on item #9999 if you bid on item #8888", which are the same model item but several are offered under different listings. The intent is you don't want to bid against one another to keep bids lower. However, lower $ bid thresholds would be bad for the Auction House Vendor and they might cancel their advertising here if that culture were allowed to exist on SS.

Another example : if I stumble across a neat item that is up for "auction sale" but I don't plan to buy it, so being a good guy trying to help fellow SS members, I post it here for others to see. However, the added exposure of my casually linking it on a SS thread may deprive someone here who has already done their own research and due diligence from having the winning bid. So, if that were permitted it could have the opposite effect by driving up prices. So, it can cut both ways.

Yet another example is... say if I were to link an item here that I saw for sale at an auction site, while there is a SS member who has an identical item listed here in the SS classifieds it may cause the sale to go to a non SS entity versus helping a SS member sell his item here in the classifieds."

Crapgame

I'm a not only is the glass half empty but the water is room temperature, too, type. Now I can see how the rule can protect members in 3 different ways as well as "protect" members' interests 3 different ways. My brain was leaning towards preventing the extra attention that might have an SS member outbid by another SS member, only for the item to wind up in the Classifieds for 2x auction price. But now I see. Thanks.

Kickerson

Picked one up last Friday as well! Impressed with the shape it’s in so far despite the various little parts missing. Hooked up the NOCO charger with some help from Michael Vadens son Sebastian (Black Dog Customs) on best ways to bring the dead battery back and viola fired right up after two days. I agree with Lionel, Justin and Mike at the yard were great to work with. I also snapped some cool shots from the surrounding buildings and I even found the piles of discarded pieces removed from these.

infidel got me

Not sure if those doors are getting scrapped. Placed neatly on a pallet in sets of 4 per pallet ??? Makes you wonder is they will be sold at a later date for a unattainable price. LOL Most of the yards Iv'e been to, scrap stuff is piled up in the back 40 or thrown in a roll away waiting to get shredded.. Idk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks