• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GoDove HMMWV GMV, Anyone get EUC?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok. More cleanup. The mess left by the sun parched hook and loop tape comes off with a little elbow grease and a rubber pinstripe removing wheel. Amazon, like $6. It still leaves a cleaned area that is a bit darker than the faded carc.0630191225_HDR.jpg0630191226_HDR.jpg0630191226a_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Crapgame

Lionel, have you mapped out the bolt holes in the bed and wheelhouses to determine what stuff was used by the previous Operator(s)?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lionel, have you mapped out the bolt holes in the bed and wheelhouses to determine what stuff was used by the previous Operator(s)?
That's the fun part of the puzzle isn't it. These things are full of holes, big and small. I haven't done it yet, I'm just trying to get the basic build together and then fill in as I go.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to experiment this weekend with a sand slurry mixture to see if I can bring the original color back even more. I'll post progress as I go.

Kickerson

Very true, they could be heading somewhere else. Just going by what we were told on the lot but I hope he was wrong.

Not sure if those doors are getting scrapped. Placed neatly on a pallet in sets of 4 per pallet ??? Makes you wonder is they will be sold at a later date for a unattainable price. LOL Most of the yards Iv'e been to, scrap stuff is piled up in the back 40 or thrown in a roll away waiting to get shredded.. Idk

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cleanup continues. Didn't take pics, but that green paint pen someone marked these hoods with comes off with lacquer thinner.

awind

20190627_063151.jpgDoes anybody know what went in the hole in the dash in front of the heater controls on passenger side? My truck is in pretty decent shape except the rear main drips steady.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tackled roof rust today. After pressure washing I used Kleen Strip metal and concrete prep. It's a phosphoric acid etching and cleaning agent. Pretty mild to work with. For these rust stains I used full strength, brushing it in with a brass brush. 0705191637.jpg
Spread it around with a cheap throway brush and let sit for 10 or 15 minutes. Hit it with the brass brush. 0705191641.jpg
0705191649.jpg
Rinse with water and repeat as needed for the heavier stuff. Let dry, spot 0705191726.jpgprime and paint. This last pic shows the spot after cleaning but before priming and painting.

Last edited:

Crapgame

awind, mcad33 Mike out in California is supposed to be making a 1 pc C Pillar for the sheet metal cargo panel trucks. You can also convert an M1025 sponson set and cross bar. And I have a metal shop close by working on a 3 piece C Pillar for the sheet metal cargo panels and the rollbar style C Pillar for the Military Systems Group Assault Cargo Rail kit, tubing-style cargo rails (that he is also copying (kahlkreations.com). Dave Deland makes the sheet metal cargo panels and the Delta Pillar Brackets for them that I have seen in person. And Mike mcad33 in CA is making the sheet metal cargo panels and Delta Pillar Brackets but I have not see them in person.

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since Richie Brother's took over, the EUC process has really slowed down. Not complaining, just sucks to have lots of $$$$$ for multiple vehicles out there in la la land not making more $$$$$....lol... just a somewhat disgruntled buyer sounding off.

FKAM

Ok. More cleanup. The mess left by the sun parched hook and loop tape comes off with a little elbow grease and a rubber pinstripe removing wheel. Amazon, like $6. It still leaves a cleaned area that is a bit darker than the faded carc.View attachment 769270View attachment 769271View attachment 769272
Lionel,
I'd like to get some info on the D Pillar mounting points in your picture. What are they? Looks like nylon washers or Riv nuts? I've been trying to figure out how they mounted them.
Thanx

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lionel,
I'd like to get some info on the D Pillar mounting points in your picture. What are they? Looks like nylon washers or Riv nuts? I've been trying to figure out how they mounted them.
Thanx
Those look like these rivnut.
00001.jpg

FKAM

Yes they are rivnuts. 3/8 coarse thread. I have one corner that did not line up. I'll fix that later.
Lionel, 86hmwv Thanx, much appreciated. I have a lot of things I'm trying to mount, and hopefully those of you who have these will let us know where all the holes are located at, and their dimensions. Greg, I'm trying to mount the D-Pillars I got from you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks