• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replaced 6.2L injection pump, now it doesn't turn off

Burgerb

Before it wouldn't even start because there wasn't nearly enough fuel going to the injectors with no bubbles present, but now I can't turn it off without disconnecting the battery. Could it maybe be a faulty fuel shutoff valve? I've been doing a bit of research and supposedly the solenoid on the top of the pump also has the shutoff valve inside it? Wondering if maybe I just got a bad pump.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rules request a location in your profile.

Please correct this.

Barrman

If you unplug the battery, you turn off power to the pink wire on top of the IP. You also have a non charging alternator. However, something in your wiring is probably messed up to allow power to the pink wire with the key off.

If, with power turned off to the pink wire on the IP, the engine is still running. Then it could be a faulting solenoid in the cover of the IP.

Which is it? No power + no run= IP just fine. No power + still running=IP shut off solenoid issue or linkage issue inside the IP.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before it wouldn't even start because there wasn't nearly enough fuel going to the injectors with no bubbles present, but now I can't turn it off without disconnecting the battery. Could it maybe be a faulty fuel shutoff valve? I've been doing a bit of research and supposedly the solenoid on the top of the pump also has the shutoff valve inside it? Wondering if maybe I just got a bad pump.
Yes, A had fuel shutoff solenoid will do this, you need to make sure the pump you purchased is 24v on the components in the top cover. try pulling the wire on the top front of the pump while truck is running, that’s the shutoff solenoid, rear connector is the cold advance....don’t mix the wires up.
if it shuts off when pulling the Fuel solenoid, your issue is not the pump.
as long as there is 24v on that wire, the truck will run.

Last edited:

papakb

Pink wire? The #54 wire in a military HMMWV that plugs into the top cover of the IP is the fuel shutoff. I would look for voltage there that switches with the ignition switch. If it's switching then the solenoid inside is bad.

Barrman

Sorry about the pink wire comment. I saw 6.2 and answered the question like it was a CUCV. Wire #54 does the exact same function on the HMMWV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks