• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flu-419 Front Loader - Who needs new hydraulic fittings and hoses? Resources?

ede356

Hello,
the hydraulic fittings and hoses of the front loader on my FLU-419 are corroded to a point where the may become a safety issue.
The front loader is equipped with metric DIN fittings with cutting rings.

Looking around I found that Parker-Ermeto has them in "Chromium free" (clear/blue zinc plated). The "yellow chromated" ones from the old days are no longer available.
Since these fittings are not common in the US, they are awfully expensive here.

Does anybody have a good and affordable resource for these hydraulic fittings and hoses here in the US?

If I can't find them here at a reasonable price, I am going to source them from Germany and I can probably get a few extra ones. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

According to the schematics from the manufacturer (Schmidt) there are about 50+ fittings (not counting specialties like check valves) with an average of about $20-25 per fitting when bought in Germany vs. $40 when purchased in the US.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If not switching attachments between different FLUs, have you considered swapping over to regular quick disconnects and standard hoses?
Surplus Center, for example, has affordable hoses.

These days I think it's worth the extra money spent for flat-face couplers, though. I hate the inevitable small spill that result with regular quick disconnects.
Not that it's an issue if the loader stays in place for the most part.

Speedwoble

As much as I like to keep my FLU stock, I always figured I would replace the couplers with something more common here. Pioneer couplers, or Flatface as FluFarm suggested.

Looking at the connectors on it, they have a small diameter and short body the take the weight if the hose hanging off them. I have never seen Pioneer couplers leak like these, and I think it is because they can better handle the weight of the hose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks