• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT 465 Connecting Rod Failure

skuhler

Last fall I started up my M109 and put it in reverse, traveled backwards about 30' and heard a loud bang. Got out to make sure I didn't run over the neighbor's Prius and my engine was running rough and knocking. I searched the site at the time, and found a post about a TB on connecting rod failure. Said something like the 6 sided was identified as a bad batch and ordered the 8 sided as replacements (or vice versa). Can anyone point me to that TB post?

rustystud

Last fall I started up my M109 and put it in reverse, traveled backwards about 30' and heard a loud bang. Got out to make sure I didn't run over the neighbor's Prius and my engine was running rough and knocking. I searched the site at the time, and found a post about a TB on connecting rod failure. Said something like the 6 sided was identified as a bad batch and ordered the 8 sided as replacements (or vice versa). Can anyone point me to that TB post?
The old connecting rod bolts are prone to failure. There is a 12 point bolt out there that replaces it. Several companies sell them. They are pretty pricy now though. Just look up "Hercules LDT 465" rod bolts.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can
- look in through your rearmost oil drain hole and see which rod bolts you have. Ideally with one of those sneaky snaky camera thingies, rather than risk splattering engine oil all over your cornea. Safety glasses...
- order
Connecting Rod Bolt Hercules PART #: HC40-1091706

The connecting rod bolts for a WHITE 2-155 tractor (Hercules 478 engine) are the right bolts. If you do some searching, you find them for about $21 apiece. https://www.tractorjoe.com/hc40-1091706-connecting-rod-bolt-2

If you do some more searching you can find them for $16 apiece.....
https://www.farmlandtractor.com/i-157326-r401091706-white-oliver-connecting-rod-bolt.html?brand:6

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks