• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 925b will not start

Peaceodarock

Ok, I finally got around to trying to start my gen again after a tech guy checked out my control board and said it's good....except testing the relays. I installed it, still nothing in prime or start. The APU activates something because I can hear it. So, I jumped across the + terminal on the starter and the solenoid contact and it turned over, I then pushed down on the fuel solenoid and it started. As long as I held the fuel solenoid down it ran, when I released the fuel solenoid it slowly stopped as the solenoid rose. The black button neat the fuel solenoid did nothing....any ideas what is wrong??? Thanks!!

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you looked at the troubleshooting diagram in the TM? Its very good, all things considered. Go to page 4-12, (PDF reader page 85).

The fuel solenoid is not getting energized. If the electric fuel pump is not getting 24 VDC, the starter will not engage.

Do any LED's light up when you try and start it?

Do you have good batteries? Low batteries will cause the set to not crank.

Are you using the remote control panel to start it? Or the Local control panel on the set?

Do not bother with Direct Support Troubleshooting. Its not going to help you.

And its a MEP-952B gen set.

Peaceodarock

Have you looked at the troubleshooting diagram in the TM? Its very good, all things considered. Go to page 4-12, (PDF reader page 85).

The fuel solenoid is not getting energized. If the electric fuel pump is not getting 24 VDC, the starter will not engage.

Do any LED's light up when you try and start it?

Do you have good batteries? Low batteries will cause the set to not crank.

Are you using the remote control panel to start it? Or the Local control panel on the set?

Do not bother with Direct Support Troubleshooting. Its not going to help you.

And its a MEP-952B gen set.
Yep, sorry, 952B, no leds, plenty of battery voltage >24, it has been a while since looking at the TM, I have another gen and have been using it since this one quit. I will look it up again. Local only, have no remote. Thanks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks