• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831A High oil pressure

Scott12254

Hello everyone just picked up a MEP-831A generator and through some checks found the oil pressure to high. I have replaced the filter and drained and filled with fresh 15-40 oil. I hooked a mechanical pressure gauge to the oil pressure port and it was 160 psi. Do these engines have a pressure relief valve? Aside from tearing the engine down any other suggestions? Thanks

Scott12254

So nothing to worry about then? I was concerned that it might have a blocked passage so I have not run it for more than a minute. I have found it difficult to find engine specs for the YanmarL70AE engine through Google searches. Does anyone know a place to get those? Thanks to this site I was able to track down the illusive Nason oil pressure switch for the unit

Demoh

These generators dont have any form of oil pressure relief. The relief is only an orifice. They are known to be almost 200psi on cold startup.

Red arrow is this orifice. Other picture gives you an idea of the size compared to the engine. I think this was an L48, not an L70, but lots of same parts. I took these pictures while visiting my local yanmar expert/dealer picking up parts.
IMG_3821.jpgIMG_3822.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks