• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem after new HH installation

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
James, the quill shaft has been known to snap too. I understand what you're saying about the drive washer, but that doesn't always go first.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep just wanted him to check it if it was the quill shaft that is broken. Real pain to have to go back in and simple to check before head install. Just like turning the head upside down to check if plunger sleeve is floating free.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

When had my HH out the first time, I made sure that the fuel plunger & the plunger sleeve was clean & freely moving & the bowtie was unbroken. The fuel delivery valve, behind the 12 sided nut, was unknown to me & have learned not to take stuff apart that is unknown, important & expensive. That said, the next HH to be taken apart will be a breeze or @ least not unknown. All said, she runs now.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When had my HH out the first time, I made sure that the fuel plunger & the plunger sleeve was clean & freely moving & the bowtie was unbroken. The fuel delivery valve, behind the 12 sided nut, was unknown to me & have learned not to take stuff apart that is unknown, important & expensive. That said, the next HH to be taken apart will be a breeze or @ least not unknown. All said, she runs now.
Yep Allen you got the hard stuff down pat now. Next truck you get bet you could take out the whole injection pump clean it and put it back together.

FloridaAKM

Next truck will have to be able to haul to the burn pile, a few large loads of bamboo &/or cedar limbs to make way for parking. Thirty years go it was a large open field where anything could be parked, now after planting a cedar tree farm & letting it mature, there is no room for any more military trucks to park, much maneuver. That said, no injection pump teardown & reassembly in my future that I know of, but you never can tell what is around the next wakeup call.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks