• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A2 bobbed / plow truck / dump

Heavyjunk

Hey all, new to this whole thing but I am looking at getting a M931A2 I want to bob it but also be able to use it for a dump truck and put a plow on it. Not sure what I need for rear springs and wondering how much gravel I would be able to haul. I’m am going this route because I have 100 acres of woods I live on with logging trails and want to also use the truck to bring gravel and rock to improve the trials. As a 1 ton truck just would not make it. Or would I just be better off not bobbing the truck. So many questions just looking for input.

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are going to make the truck do work and put a dump bed on it, I sure wouldn't bob it, you lose your wheelbase, possibly frame length, and load carrying capacity all in one shot .

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
If you need them,I have a set of front springs with hangers with u bolts for sale in the classifieds.

Heavyjunk

The truck is going to do work but nothing on the commercial scale. Just own property and road. Also just need to re title it so it’s under 26k really don’t need a CDL. Now on the tractor 5 ton I don’t need to shorten the frame right? I was also thinking if I found a used dump trailer I could use that for a body the hydraulics.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leave the frame and suspension alone. The M931 has the same short frame as the M929 dump.

You will have your hands full getting a hydraulic wet kit on it and a dump bed without changing suspension. I had similar plans then just broke down and bought an M817 and then a 929A2. Finding a running, not all beat up M817, would be my first choice.

Dump bed trailer...sure you could use one but many with just a single cylinder don't lift high enough to dump a stuck load and a battery powered pump takes an excruciatingly long time to dump. I have a 24 vdc pump if you go that way. A wet kit C & C sold to a friend for his 931, minus the PTO... he just paid $1900.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks