• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 interior switches

Oerthedge21

Now that I've got my relay panel in and hooked up with help from some members here, I've slowly been trying to figure out the lights and whatnot, and have run into my next issue. The two switches in the box, labeled in the TMs simply as 3 way switches, are unlabeled in my truck. PO had painted everything inside truck, including the label plates above the switches. Anyone here have a truck that still has the labels printed? Also, is there a way to turn off the focus lights in the back? Mine stay on unless I disconnect the B/O relay or switch the service light switch to B/O. Isn't one of those switches in the box supposed to turn them off? Thinking I may need to pull the interior skins out again to check wires, would be a good chance to reseal the cieling and maybe reinsulate the box too.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The toggle switches on the walls at the back and front are for the overhead center light only, the TAG SAYS "DOME LIGHT". One is on the right wall just inside the back doors, the other is center above the passage door between the front and rear compartment. The focus lights are like CUCV's says is a tiny on off switch on the top of each light. It's a slide switch! All this is in the TM 9-2320-280-10 Operator Manual. If you haven't downloaded the TM ya should do that next and enjoy some reading time. As I used to teach drivers, everything you need to know about operation of a vehicle is in the 10 Manual

Oerthedge21

Yeah pretty disappointed in myself for missing that switch on the focus lights. And I wasn't aware there was a manual that had all that kinda stuff in it, I have a big printed TM for the cucvs and I though get that's all there was for them, my bad for asking such a dumb question then I'll have to find that one and give it a read

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah pretty disappointed in myself for missing that switch on the focus lights. And I wasn't aware there was a manual that had all that kinda stuff in it, I have a big printed TM for the cucvs and I though get that's all there was for them, my bad for asking such a dumb question then I'll have to find that one and give it a read
Please dont misunderstand. Just helping you know what's out there. All the TMs are on this site as downloads for free plus other sites. As we always said in the Military, there is NEVER a dumb question. If I or most people where will do our best to help each other in anyway we can. You'll do the same I'm sure.

I have a complete and basically and un-molested M1010, just added a few campinge items to make like on the road easier. So ask away without fear! Oh and just a small point no matter how much of and an expert we all are, we all miss stuff from time time, so no wories!

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1010 light

Are you aware of the Military veihcal shows semi close? Next weekend in NJ. In June there's one in your state in CT. And CT has its own MV club. PM me if you would like to talk more depending on where you live I can let ya know what's out there.

Rick

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks