• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Made an over head console

Miscexpense

I’ll have pictures up soon. I’ve had to wait for the toggle switches. I ordered them from amazon, I should have looked to see that they were shipping from China

It is made out of aluminum except for the latches I’m putting on the sides for access.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm concerned it is too low. If you hit your head at high speed you can snap your neck if it is too low.

Miscexpense

I'm concerned it is too low. If you hit your head at high speed you can snap your neck if it is too low.
it's all good thanks for the "heads up" (lol see what I did there). It's going to be central mounted. It will drop down, but not quite the width of the windshield frame. Think overhead console location with reading lights. 3 1/8 x 18 x 3 7/8

Miscexpense

Almost there, I did the rough install this evening. I’m having a few issues getting the main power wires from the battery though. I tried to take the wire around the windshield and down the B-Pillar, but it sticks out quite a bit since it has to go around the seat belt module

CDC7D83A-4A7F-4151-BF87-5C854B70FB3B.jpg81E546B0-AAA5-4428-95DA-1EAB3B3CA83F.jpg

Last edited:

Awol

Looks great!

I like when things look like they could have been installed from the factory on these trucks.

SSGHillbilly

it's all good thanks for the "heads up" (lol see what I did there). It's going to be central mounted. It will drop down, but not quite the width of the windshield frame. Think overhead console location with reading lights. 3 1/8 x 18 x 3 7/8
Maybe a couple more pics with different camera and angle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks