• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thoughts on the A/C kit on an M923a2

Steelreaper80

Anyone have experience with the A/C kit from TMG? I sleep the cab of my truck when in the field and I sweat my n*t's off because I have to keep the winders up due to mosquitoes . Thoughts?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can piece an entire ac kit together for under $1000. It's not worth it if they want 2800 for theirs.. Surplus mobile climate control interior units are on Ebay for surplus. 74m35a2 has the engine bracket. the spartan mrap condensor is around $200. Compressor is $100. Having correct length hoses made is the biggest cost $350 for 4 hoses.

74M35A2

Buddy did a universal under-dash kit in his M923a2 for $500 complete and loves it. Compact and works great. Available in 24v. I don’t like the Humvee evaporator because you essentially lose your back window and center seat. Can’t post links, but I just checked eBay and there is a universal 24v kit for $519 that includes compressor, evaporator, condenser w/fan, receiver/dryer, and all hoses and fittings as well. My 8.3L bracket is under $200, so as Simp said, you would be under $1k and all new. Spend the $1,800 left over on diesel fuel.

My 8.3L bracket kit below. Also shown w/130A alternator. Tell the kit supplier you need an 8 groove pulley on the compressor.

A9E92769-8E69-47BC-852B-9818A75DBDB6.jpeg

Last edited:

Nomadic

If you could roll the winder down would that be enough air? What I have done is screen the windows. Cut fiberglass screen from the hardware store to size each window frame with a few extra inches around the window boundary. With the windows rolled up, attach the screen with small round earth magnets around the border. Roll the window down and wah-lah. It would be much quieter than running an A/C if the weather isn't that hot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks