• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waiouru - New Zealand

Andrew Rowe

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Latest heavy haulage trip for our Military vehicle Easter camp out. My 1972 , Ex NZ Army M818 with 250 Cummins with Jacob Brakes.The gross combination was about 36 tons. From my base to Waiouru , central North Island New Zealand was about 50 miles..... and took about 3 hours! Climbing all the way from sea level to around 1000 foot. She purred like a kitty and did not miss a beat. Thanks go to forum member Wes for supplying a new rebuilt PCB just in time for the trip, Cheers Andrew.

Attachments

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a fun setup. Nice collection.

Anychance of some pics of the power buldge in the bonnet for the Jake? (Need to do that for my RAEME conversion on my M816)...

dmetalmiki

What an outfit!..Superb. (I do like 'Trailers big', MK.8!)..
Sort'a prodded me into posting our Easter trip first event. With our Trailer.
Shown, The trailer and DT. before being 'nosed' back into the barn on returning from the Easter event..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks