• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steady ABS light, where do I start?

Lizard333

My ABS light comes on, at startup and doesn't go away..... Braking doesn't appear to be a problem. I am very new to these and I am just looking for a little guidance as to what direction I should head. Both air tanks reach 120 psi, and the system holds air.

I have a 1991 ish M923A2 With the ROPS and CTIS.

Thanks again in advance!!

foxtrk2

at my friends shop we deal with these all the time . sometimes the sensors at the wheels are all greased up or too far away from the pickup stator, or the connections at the plugs get corroded, and even computers get fouled. usually a replacement is in order if that's the problem. as far as a fuse id guess if the light is comeing on its not a fuse. you should hear the computer clicking on when you turn on the power switch to the truck

74M35A2

Simp's advice is sound step 1. The fault code light will illuminate if the fuse is blown, by design. ABS voltage diode on PCB board usually damaged from improper vehicle shut-down switch order. Alternator loses reference voltage, over-volts, and wipes out the ABS circuit board.

This is what is most common. There are other causes, but the above situation is what most face when diagnosing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks