• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ignition On All Night: CLICK

Third From Texas

[RESOLVED] Ignition On All Night: CLICK

EDIT: OK, after further and complete charging it was just low voltage

So the other night I was running a wire thru the cab and testing a few things. It was getting dark and I was on the co-driver side. I buttoned everything up for the night and went inside.

This morning I get up and I hear my low-air alarm going off in the cab. Seems I had left the power switch on. Grrrr.....

Of course, the truck won't start (a loud single "CLICK" when I hit the starter button. I ruled out the batteries I think. Pulled all the cables off and put a charger on each one. All reading 12v (and there were no actual lights on over night, just the ignition).

So I'm guessing that the solenoid was excited (or at least quite Randy) and fried it over night? First diesel I've ever owned, so I'm a slave to the TMs when stuff goes south.

Thoughts?

I don't see "I'm and idiot and left the ignition on all night" in the TM trouble shooting.

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your batteries are not charged according to the voltages. You should see over 24v and over 12v WITH a light load. It still 'clicks', right? Measure the voltages while trying to start the engine. You need to evaluate the batteries, or the charger.

Third From Texas

Your batteries are not charged according to the voltages. You should see over 24v and over 12v WITH a light load. It still 'clicks', right? Measure the voltages while trying to start the engine. You need to evaluate the batteries, or the charger.
Thanks, you nailed it.

Re-charged each battery to over 12v and all is well....

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In addition to just voltage measurement, for the health of the batteries they should be charged fully, based on Amp-hours. You didn't say if you have a "smart charger" capable of high amperage or just a simple trickle charger with just a few amps. I only mention this because a little trickle charger of a few amps capability can get you going, but the batteries might need several days for a good healthy charge to make them last longer.

Good luck and enjoy your truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks