• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The horror

springer1981

It's a double edge sword, I hate they aren't selling them and recovering that money. Also, if they sell 100,000 of them, the states will have to listen to the people that want to register them. On the other hand, everyone they crush increases the value of mine although that isn't that important to me.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard that the new Joint Tactical Vehicle from OSHKOSH has experienced non-trivial delivery schedule delays (i.e. it's a huge overburdened monster that costs hundreds of thousands apiece and looks like a compact car designed by a committee, meaning it's gigantic). As a result HMMWVs are going through a service life extension to make up the gap in transportation needs.
As long as they don't ask for their broken down M998 back from me, it does seem to work out in favor of those of us who managed to snag one during the sell-down.
I only need a new power train; motor and transfer case and differentials, complete appropriate wiring harness, new seats and some other "minor" upgrades. I mean, a new HMMWV, that's what I need.

BDGR

infidel got me

Witnessed it myself in Alabama while picking up parts. Three up-armored slant backs came in and were under the torch within minutes. We asked about a few parts to buy before they were destroyed and got looked at like we had three heads. What a shame, had a tear in my eye as we pulled out. All the trucks had under 5k on the clock and all turbo motors w/ac.....

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, saw a brand new, 36 miles on the odo, plastic still on the seats, fully armored M1114 that ended up getting crushed at Southern Metals. Heartbreaking. But at least they could sell the drivetrain, seats, hood, wheels and tires, etc. Better than nothing I suppose.

Last edited:
It's a double edge sword, I hate they aren't selling them and recovering that money. Also, if they sell 100,000 of them, the states will have to listen to the people that want to register them. On the other hand, everyone they crush increases the value of mine although that isn't that important to me.
You last point is an example of how a progressive gets elected. As long as people think of themselves only then more progressives will be elected. They cobble together people who want to know what will be done to help them as individuals and create voting blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every time I see a movie trash an old Pontiac Trans Am or GTO I feel the same way.

The vehicles should all be sold for civilian use as a financial decision.

Stupid things happen. Stupid people make bad decisions. Then the World feels like a smaller place.

T

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Witnessed it myself in Alabama while picking up parts. Three up-armored slant backs came in and were under the torch within minutes. We asked about a few parts to buy before they were destroyed and got looked at like we had three heads. What a shame, had a tear in my eye as we pulled out. All the trucks had under 5k on the clock and all turbo motors w/ac.....
Interesting as I have seen some drivetrains listed on GP in Al and was wandering where they might have come out of.... Pm if you prefer, Just curious..........

infidel got me

Juanprado- The motors/drivetrains that we got were from a scrapyard with a gov. contract. These guys took 15 minutes a truck. Truck in the air, torched everything and let it fall to the ground from 6 feet. Out of over 100 drivetrains roughly- we only grabbed 3 ( and those were rough) We went to get 6 and then return for more. Not going to happen. I doubt that this salvage yard even cares about gp sales. It seemed that they were more interested in scrapping than selling. A true waste of time and money on that trip.

gtodan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even the ones that have had the armor stripped off em are being auctioned with ridiculous reserve prices on em. Trickle down ignoramics.

bigbe5678

you last point is an example of how a progressive gets elected. As long as people think of themselves only then more progressives will be elected. They cobble together people who want to know what will be done to help them as individuals and create voting blocks.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
amen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks