• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1026 Oil Leak At This Part

mleara

Sorry for being the new guy and still learning to maneuver the TM's. My 88' M-1026 6.2L has an oil leak puddling at the base of this part. Not too bad but like to fix it. Can't tell if it's at the base or the fitting in the middle. Is there a common failure here? I hate to replace good parts.
Mike
Oil Leak At Tachometer.jpg

DREDnot

There should be an O-ring down in there like a distributor would have. Undo that forked clamp and twist the housing out

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"O" rings are easy to find at most auto shoppes. remove your part and bring it to auto store to fit the correct size. Should be a snug fit, like a rubber band. Not too tight, or it will tear with time. Not too loose or it will never fit back in.

Best,

T

mleara

Yes, that's what I suspected since non of the typical sites for parts even mention the o-ring. Appreciate this site and all who give advice and knowledge!
ML

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that's what I suspected since non of the typical sites for parts even mention the o-ring. Appreciate this site and all who give advice and knowledge!
ML

its not an o-ring, it’s a cork gasket for the Tach drive body..assuming that’s where is leaking.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
its not an o-ring, it’s a cork gasket for the Tach drive body..assuming that’s where is leaking.
Thanks for the correction.

Must one use cork, or can it be any gasket material?

Either way, can a hand cut replacement be utilized if the OEM is not available [assuming this is the problem]?

Thanks RWH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks