• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wet Stacking?

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could this be Wet Stacking or can a leaking flame heater leaking into elbow do this. The oil coming out smells like deisel but is super thick like old oil. Truck has sat for 11-12 years. Haven't run it much. Thoughts? Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, wet stacking. Truck has sat for a long time and probably started up and let idle many times. It may be to far gone to just run it out. Try it and report back.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please attach pictures, not use links.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use the paper clip icon to attach pics with tapatalk.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, stuck rings are the biggest concern. Is it road worthy? Put some weight in it and take it for a long drive. Work the engine, it may free it up and clear up. These multi fuels are pretty robust engines.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not road worthy at the moment I was going to repaint and Bob it. Has no bed and busted trunion.signal-2019-04-13-100748.jpg

tobyS

What is busted on the trunion? I just removed mine from my A3 4x4 project. Of course bobbing makes that a mute issue.

And yes, you are posting pictures now.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The nut backed off one side and the guys that had it before, used it that way until it ate into the threaded end about a quarter inch and all threads are worn off the rest as well.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had another like that before good learning experience.IMG_20170812_134928932.jpgIMG_20170812_132607306.jpg

tobyS

Yea, bobbing is best use and you rebuild as you go.

I moved my rear front axle back and am thinking about using the rear rear as a trailer for off road (driven).

Here is another idea....use the four bottom dogbones and their axle mounts as a four link. They would fit across from each other and have the same bolt pattern, perfect geometry and could be outside of the frame for stability. Perfect when combined ....to make 4 link, I think.

Look at the four bottom axle mounts for the dogbones on your axles, they would bolt right on one axle.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
I am no truck guy. But that looks like the output side of a turbo. You know, I saw the same thing when a Turbo shaft seal was defect. Whats it look like before the Turbo, if that is in fact a turbo??

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am no truck guy. But that looks like the output side of a turbo. You know, I saw the same thing when a Turbo shaft seal was defect. Whats it look like before the Turbo, if that is in fact a turbo??
Shaft seems god slight play in and out but none side to side and no binding. Yes it's a turbo. Good take off from Boyce is over $600

Guyfang

Staff member
Well, normally, and I am going by what I have seen in power generation, the only way for oil to get into the output of the turbo, is by leaky seals. On a gen set, I have a filter, turbo and then the air intake manifold. Is this somehow different?

Last edited:

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, normally, and I am going by what I have seen in power generation, the only way for oil to get into the output of the turbo, is by leaky seals. On a gen set, I have a filter, turbo and then the air intake manifold. Is this somehow different?
I thought of turbo first but it sat for a long time and most people I have talked to about these trucks seem to think I should run it and get it good and hot and check it again. When I do run it it seems to clear up a bit when run for a while, but Its not ready to go for a big test yet.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know where I can get a good used turbo for a multifuel engine? If needed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks