• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wet Stacking?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is not the torque peak at 1840 RPM?
Fill the back full and change the oil, filters, fuel system filters, Fill it full on New motor oil of all flavors, and drive it all over duh place holding 1800RPM +_200 for long time GI.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might resemble a steam locomotive burning coal. Stay rural.

Lukes_deuce

I would trouble shoot the turbo first. Could be a seal or just gummed up from lack of use, or flame heater. If the truck hasnt ran in a long time, then I wouldnt say wet stacking. Wet stacking is more common on stationary engines that idle for long periods, like days without a load. Also common on 2 stroke detroits. You could take the turbo off and run the engine. See how the exhaust looks. If its wet and sooty, then you may have bigger problems. I wouldnt jump the gun and say its wet stacking right away, unless you have been running the engine for hours and hours at idle.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would trouble shoot the turbo first. Could be a seal or just gummed up from lack of use, or flame heater. If the truck hasnt ran in a long time, then I wouldnt say wet stacking. Wet stacking is more common on stationary engines that idle for long periods, like days without a load. Also common on 2 stroke detroits. You could take the turbo off and run the engine. See how the exhaust looks. If its wet and sooty, then you may have bigger problems. I wouldnt jump the gun and say its wet stacking right away, unless you have been running the engine for hours and hours at idle.
Well the exhaust manifold is wet and sooty inside not as wet as exhaust from turbo but still wet. Maybe Ive got bigger issues?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I may just put it all back together and run it till it gives up. Fyi if you decide to take the turbo off and run engine to check exhaust make sure return line is plumbed back into crankcase. Big mess.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Intake side of turbo has a little soot but no oil. Intake manifold has quite a bit of soot. But that could have been from flame heater. Now deleted.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out it was just wet stacked. Ran it for a while and it cleared up fine.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks