• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how much paint is needed?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an M923A2 sandblasted to bare steel and repainted solid 383 green. It took 4 gallons of CARC.

if I were doing an entire truck 3 color camo, I'd start by doing the whole truck in green and then floating the brown and black on top of it via rattlecans.

So figure 4 gallons plus some black and brown rattlecans....

Last edited:

Anvilface

We completely painted one of our 939s all black, undercarriage, and everything we could get to. It took 4 gallons of Rustoleum professional with an HVLP sprayer. I used the non air compressor type with the attached turbine. It covered pretty well.

I agree with the plan of all green and then rattle can the other colors. That seems like the best way to control the pattern.

Bill W

It will also depend on how many coats you put on, I did a tack coat and two top coats ( three on some area's ).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks