• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

200 amp dual voltage regulator

Sgtmurtaugh

Just got my '89 M998. I noticed at night my lights pulse. This pulsing is in conjunction with the gauge in the cab. It pulses from a good charge to an overcharge. Sometimes it stops after a couple of minutes which made me think it was the glow plugs cycling. The other day it did this for the entire 20 minute drive. Found this sure and started reading. Downloaded a ton of manuals. I have checked all the power connections for cleanliness and security. Armed with this information I found the regulator hooked up for dual voltage use but the 14v output is grounded to the case. Could this be the pulsing issue? Why would someone hook this regulator up like this? Any information is appreciated.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If its a V belt truck and a regulator is older than 2012, then It gets grounded....[14v tap ].

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. Anyone have an idea about the pulsing? I haven't load tested the batteries yet.

The pulsing is glow plug after glow from your EESS box. Will do this for 2 min after cold start or anytime the
Glow plugs were energized from being below 120 degrees engine temp.
its normal...if you don’t like it, upgrade to the S3 EESS box, they did away with the pulsing.

Sgtmurtaugh

Problem solved. Dirty connection at the glow plug controller. Pulsing is no more when engine reaches 120 and the volt meter maintains position!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks