• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv coolant leak at rear of block

CBrinker

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s what I was thinking. Would arp head studs be beneficial or just a waste of money? I plan on using the truck for towing and might put a turbo on it sometime down the road

cucvrus

If you use studs I hope you have the engine out. I rebuilt and changed countless 6.2 heads and engines. The good old Fel Pro head bolts always worked for me. These are just 135 HP engines. Not hi performance diesel engines. Do as you wish. Anything over standard parts for a stock engine is a waste of money. The head bolts were never the problem. It was the heads all along. Bolts or studs the heads are still the weakest link. Not my truck. Do as you wish. https://usdieselparts.com/i-24069119-stock-head-bolt-kit-chevy-gmc-6-2l-6-5l-diesel.html
Of course you will need 2 sets of head bolts. Torque in sequence as outlined and give them the 1/4 turn stretch. Good to go. Have a Great Day.

CBrinker

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, thanks for the advice. I’ll just stick with the head bolts then. They are definitely not high performance vehicles, but I love the simplicity of them compared to anything more modern

cucvrus

Also remember to have the cylinder heads checked closely at a competent automotive machine shop. To just pull the heads put new gaskets and bolts is about as bad as just running it as is. Do it right the first time. I have had many heads come ack as marked cracked and chose not to use them. They were minor but like glass a small crack can become a major fissure. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks