• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 dies on acceleration

skuhler

I’ve got a fuel issue(?) with my 923. It will idle great but when you press the accelerator to go, it runs up a couple hundred RPMs then dies. RPM drops to around 400 and it “starts” and runs back up to normal idle.

If I press the accelerator slow, it’ll get to 2000, then it does the same thing.

I’ve replaced the fuel filter, the small primer line, and Orings in the primer pump. Used the air pressure trick to purge the fuel system, even left the hose on to pressurize the tank when running. Still dies on acceleration.

Is there an over speed solenoid someplace that’s bad? Think it's the fuel shutoff solenoid de-energizing? Does that sound like a bad pickup tube in the tank? Thanks for any help!

Sidebar, I've got to jump it to start, but the generator should keep voltage steady for the motor, right?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve got a fuel issue(?) with my 923. It will idle great but when you press the accelerator to go, it runs up a couple hundred RPMs then dies. RPM drops to around 400 and it “starts” and runs back up to normal idle.

If I press the accelerator slow, it’ll get to 2000, then it does the same thing.

I’ve replaced the fuel filter, the small primer line, and Orings in the primer pump. Used the air pressure trick to purge the fuel system, even left the hose on to pressurize the tank when running. Still dies on acceleration.

Is there an over speed solenoid someplace that’s bad? Think it's the fuel shutoff solenoid de-energizing? Does that sound like a bad pickup tube in the tank? Thanks for any help!

Sidebar, I've got to jump it to start, but the generator should keep voltage steady for the motor, right?
NO !

You need to have good batteries to diagnosis electrical issues . Turn the bypass out on the fuel shut-off and see if it still dies , then correct your electrical i
ssues.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Delete the primer pump. Just cause you replaced that crap doesn't mean anything. Add an 1/8" pipe plug to block it off. If you have the fuel tank with a air fitting on it then you do not need a primer pump. Run a line from your fuel filter inlet side to a 5 gallon tank of fuel and see what it does running on a different fuel supply. IF you still have the same issue then you need to replace the inlet fuel line from the filter to the IP with a known good line to start before you want to look at anything internal.

Also make sure that the return line is properly tightened on the IP.

skuhler

That bypass, you turn a thumbscrew clockwise to bypass the fuel shut off, right? That's up on the IP? What's that tell me, that the shut off solenoid is losing energizing because of the batts?

Yeah, that battery issue, looks like I got one of four that's bad. It's expensive, but don't you need to replace all 4 at the same time?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That bypass, you turn a thumbscrew clockwise to bypass the fuel shut off, right? That's up on the IP? What's that tell me, that the shut off solenoid is losing energizing because of the batts?

Yeah, that battery issue, looks like I got one of four that's bad. It's expensive, but don't you need to replace all 4 at the same time?
You can run just 2 batteries you do not need all 4.

The battle mode knob should screw in to override the electrical side and allow continuous fuel flow

TEAMJENSEN

does it lose rpm when on a full tank as well, or only on a partial tank of fuel? i had a similar issue that was my dip tubes, both intake and return were bad. I replaced with new stainless ones form Tomcat and was good to go, no more issues. So if not sure fill fuel tank all the way to full line. If problem seems to go away should be the dip tubes. also, if not dip tubes, could be a bad fuel line where there is air getting in fuel lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks