• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 turning lights issue

Arny

Hey guys,

Did anyone ever had a problem with the turning lights not flashing but glowing steadily when engaging the lever?

The problem seems to be related to the horn (button?) somehow.

If one works both work, if one isn't both are not working.

I'm a bit confused because it happens at random mostly when driving off after some days :???:

Cheers
Arndt

Scrounger

While it isn’t the same problem you are experiencing, it may point you in a direction to look. On one of my trucks the flashers will work on the left, but the right is intermediate. The problem is more pronounced after the truck hasn’t been used for some time. After playing with the signal stat, the turn signal lever, I have tracked it down to a bad contact in the lever. The same truck occasionally flashes at a rate that is faster than normal. If the signal stat is turned off, then on, it will usually correct the issue.

On occasion the flasher just lights, similar the what you have described. After working the signal stat, they start to work. So, I would check the signal stat for wear.

It seems strange that the problem occurs at the same time as a horn problem. I would check the grounds on the horn circuit to see if that solves the problem on the horn.

sandcobra164

The flasher unit is likely bad. It only has 3 wires going to it if memory serves correctly. 24 positive and negative in, 24 out to turn signal switch. The turn signal switch sends power to the left, right or all four lights as determined by selection on the switch. When it senses load it pulses the output to the turn signal switch. I've had one fail on my deuce years ago and simply replaced it. Hope my brief summary helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks