• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Wheels

Jw370

Hello All

Does anyone happen to know what the backspacing is on the 8lug 16x6.5 wheels are? I read that it may be 4.25 but i am having an awful time finding a spare wheel. I am trying to keep the same 235/85/16 on the spare.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are the same wheels as a M1008 CUCV , shouldn't be hard to find . Post a want ad in the parts wanted section of the classifieds ,it's free.
8 on 6.5" bolt circle, center hub diameter 4.50", 9/16-18unf studs.

[h=1]M101a2 wheels same as m1008?[/h]

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
should be very easy to find in a junkyard. Look for any 70-80's 8 lug wheels for Chevy/Gmc 3/4 20 series & 1 ton 30 series trucks or vans. All the same till they switched to metric studs and lugs. Metric will not work.

Also dodge will be the same. Difference on a dodge is the hub circle will be bigger but makes no difference as these are lug centric rims not hub so the inner opening wider does not impact anything and is a very small difference.

These are also very common in white or steel wagon wheels for boat trailers/utility trailers with 8 lugs.

Jw370

I found these or Craigslist, they should work out just fine? Thanks for all the great information. I went through the entire M101A2 specs and couldnt find the info anywhere

1994-2002 Dodge Ram 2500 & 3500 - 2wd & 4wd
Factory 16x6.5 Wheel Offset = +19 mm - Back Space = 4.50" Inches

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks