• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello everyone from Illinois!

MikeHaugen

My name is Mike and I am a new member here. I have always had a fascination with military equipment (someday will have a 5-ton) so various searches always lead me to this forum. I recently acquired a mep-002a generator and I have some ideas for it so I am sure I will be posting questions here, so I finally created an account.

Nice to meet you all!

MikeHaugen

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

cucvmule... It is not running yet, but should be soon. I bought it about 2 weeks ago from a guy that knew absolutely nothing about it except that it had been stored for at least the last 11 years. It looked pretty complete so I figured it was worth the $275 gamble. I cleaned up the outside a little, cleaned out fuel tank and lines thoroughly, replaced oil and all filters, and put 2 batteries in it but no start. The IP was locked up so I am waiting on parts from gmg (took over a week after my order for them to even ship them... was getting a little annoyed) but they should be here in a couple days and hopefully it will run before the weekend. The more I look this thing over the more pleased I am. So far everything (except ip) that I have been able to test works. It has about 2300 hours. The only thing that concerns me a little, and it could be my imagination, is that when rotating engine by hand one cylinder seems to have a bit better compression going by the "calibrated elbow" technique. Maybe the rings need to free up a bit and running for a while will help? I'm not sure but I'm not overly concerned to be honest.

Mike

MikeHaugen

Thanks again for the welcome guys... you may not see a ton of participation from me here only because most of my questions I already can find answers to, and I don't have a whole lot of knowledge on these subjects to share... you know- "keep your ears open and your mouth shut"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from Central Illinois! Your attitude towards the forum requires appreciation! God did give us TWO ears and only ONE mouth...................join in though..................ask and learn...............TONS of info here and even more good people!!

fasttruck

The best kept secret in the United States Army is its' publication system. Every piece of military equipment has a technical manual or TM. Most of these are available on line. Most items have a data plate on them which lists the applicable TM. Don't make a move without the pubs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks