• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

REO M275 truck tractor

johan77

oil pressure sending unit

should it be like this?? the end wich looks like a piece of metal wire is sticking out and is bend a bit....its free, wich means it can move a tiny bit up and down

next to the connector on the top is also something sticking out , looks like it is for soldering a electric wire to it.....is it to be connected somewhere ?

Attachments

johan77

oil pressure

the wiring is okay, one wire 24 volts and the other comes from the sending unit and are not broken, the sending unit is 60psi, also the gauge reads up to 60 psi. but this is my gauge , not from m-series i believe (metal connectors instead of rubber ones), i will order a correct one hoping that the sender is working….when i put air to it, i feel something inside the housing slightly moving , is there a way to test it ? i dont want to put a mechanical one in......yet…….

Attachments

johan77

just ordered oil pressure sending unit MS24538 60 psi and gauge MS24541-2, so we'll see what it does, i will also do an oil change with the correct oil .

johan77

oil change done, it was not messy at all, draining oil from the 2 pans , and above all, removing the 2 filters was a nice job (i dint run the truck for over a week so the oil had enough time to drain from the filters i assume/hope), new oil, new filters, now waiting for the sending unit and gauge….it should read something when installed…(if the oil pump would be not working i think the engine would have been stuck long time ago according to me)

dmetalmiki

You should think about replacing the electric gauge with a mechanical gauge, Much better and a sure way to see the true pressure,
Actually I have replaced all electric gauges for mechanical ones. (They look and fit the same.)

tommys2patrick

Your sewing reminds me of my dad. He had training as a parachute rigger during WW11. He made canvas patches to our tents just like this when I was a kid. Those old Singers just keep on going and tough as heck. Thanks and good work!

johan77

Your sewing reminds me of my dad. He had training as a parachute rigger during WW11. He made canvas patches to our tents just like this when I was a kid. Those old Singers just keep on going and tough as heck. Thanks and good work!
Thank you sir, but i should thank you and your dad, and so much others ….

keep the memory alive

johan77

removing the seal from the right front windshield, i believe this one was not installed the right way...can someone tell me towards where the flat side of the new seal should point ? (logical to me seems outside, because the angled side of the seal fits more nice in the corners of the windshield frame when closed)

Attachments

johan77

You should think about replacing the electric gauge with a mechanical gauge, Much better and a sure way to see the true pressure,
Actually I have replaced all electric gauges for mechanical ones. (They look and fit the same.)
i know, in my jeep m38a1 i have installed all mechanical ones….(but there was nothing so i had to build it up) i will see what the new one reads (and how long) but i keep in mind to do the swap for all mechanical, (temp and pressure)

johan77

i know, in my jeep m38a1 i have installed all mechanical ones….(but there was nothing so i had to build it up) i will see what the new one reads (and how long) but i keep in mind to do the swap for all mechanical, (temp and pressure)

update....new sender, new gauge, wiring is okay, ground (sender and gauge okay) and she's running when cold about 55 psi oil press (pressure starts about 2 seconds after starting and running idle )

Thanks for all the tips guys !!!

johan77

work continues on the tractor....brakes are okay, started with the rusty door on passengers side..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks