• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air horns are leaking.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
leaking air? or just staying on blaring the whole time? Check the diode going to them if they are staying on. It has been a problem for others. Should be located right near it. If it is staying on then it is something on the ground side as it is suppose to have 24+ all times when the switch is on.

If the actual tubes are leaking air replace it with a louder unit

319cssb

They are not blaring. More like weeping to a tone and getting slowly louder. If i stick a rag im the top hown or cover the hole with my hand it stops, but i hear air escaping.

74M35A2

Take the air line off going into the solenoid. Put some oil in there. Reconnect it, and cycle it a few times. The seat in the solenoid probably just dried up or the pintle can’t fully seat due to rust or a foreign piece. Lube may help it.

319cssb

So Ive undone some fittings and removed the solenoid and opened up the botton, which would let me look at the plunger of the solenoid. I saw that a piece of metal got lodged between the plunger and brass opening. I put a round piece of flexit tape. Put it back together and the horn weep is gone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks