• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems with new injector lines

Suhril

I recently replaced the hydraulic head on my m35a2 and at the same time I put all new injector lines. Didn’t really have a choice as all the old lines were rusted and wouldn’t come out. Now every time I crank my truck it blows one of the lines either out of the injector or out of the hydraulic head. It’s happened with every line multiple times and I just cannot figure it out any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a pictire of the lines you used and of the tips. The Deuce injector line tips are not the standard compression type and they could leak if the end was damaged. As for the line blowing off the end fitting I can not see that happing they way they were designed and put on.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your talking about the injector return lines then yes goes to the overflow valve and back to tank. Does run through the fuel filter over pressure relief valve but back to fuel tank. But don't forget there is no pressure coming out of the injector at the return lines /fitting. Some say they want clear line to see the air in the return lines. They will always look like they have air bubbles and you might not even see any flow with the back pressure from the over flow valve. So you don't need clear nylon tubing cause it will not tell you anything. Thanks for the pics of the injector line fittings as I was looking for them.

Last edited:

peashooter

(If you are talking the metal lines from the hydraulic head to the injectors) I remember one member replaced his injector lines with NOS parts in the last few years and discovered a couple of them were plugged. I can’t remember who it was but he put a post up about it so try searching.

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
(If you are talking the metal lines from the hydraulic head to the injectors) I remember one member replaced his injector lines with NOS parts in the last few years and discovered a couple of them were plugged. I can’t remember who it was but he put a post up about it so try searching.
I have yet to find that.

Jeepsinker

If it is blowing the lines out of the nuts, you need to fully seat the lines and tighten them down real tight. It seems like you may not have smashed the ferrules enough to grip the lines and seal.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be willing to bet those special end were put on with some kind of a stamping machine at a factory. Not compression fitted. When they work right the end will spin so as not to put a twist in the line when you tighten them down. Also the ones I have done do not need to be over tightened to seat and not leak. Maybe we will get some pictures from the OP and someone has changed the stock lines with different lines and compression fittings.

Jeepsinker

I've replaced the ends before. They are a 37° flare steel compression ferrule for 1/4" steel line. Get them on McMaster-Carr. Once you squeeze them down they indent the line and they will spin afterward.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea heard about the ones you can replace. Maybe that is what someone did. We won't know till he post's a pic or he knows that they have been changed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks