• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical issues

kidkona

so I finally got my M1078 Back from the brake shop . yes I have brakes !. I was driving home about ten minutes in I had an alarm go off so i slowed down to about 15 miles an hour the alarm stopped . thought it was the brake alarm / checked the brakes / still have brakes / not the brake/ so hit Excelerator the alarm went off again. think it might be low oil alarm . any idea's . thank you

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The indicator panel will have an idiot light lit telling you the reason for the alarm.

kidkona

oh forgot mention my dash panel is a mess nothing works Have to start Diagnosing . it was ripped apart when I got it. need to get fuses and start working on it.

coachgeo

Not sure Ao or A1 it's 1993 2 1/2 ton. Ill have to check the volts when running in the next couple of days Thanks
A 1993 it would be an A0 mostly. The Vin number is the closest clue to what you have A0 or A1....... if it starts with an:

"A" then it is an A0.
"A1" then it is an A1...

say "closest clue"; cause on occasion a truck is updated so no matter what the VIN it may be a bit of a hybrid though mostly one or the other... hmmm....... then again...... guess I'm assuming here that an updated truck keeps its original vin. and that may be a wrong assumption. Those in the Know..... when a truck got updated like a few that has been auctioned... do they change to a new vin on those trucks? I doubt it.... but again that is an assumption.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?123737-FMTV-VIN-Decoder

Last edited:

Ronmar

Do you mean 5 pin relays? In 12V at any auto parts store... In 24V they will most likely have to be ordered, some auto parts suppliers may have them...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks