Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: L1 low volt 3Ph on my Mep 002a

Thanks

Default L1 low volt 3Ph on my Mep 002a

Hello there,

I was looking for some help over all post ( titanic work) about my gen problem:
    L1 is sending low voltage when I select 3 Ph on Reconnection Swicht, I did mesurement L1 and L0 aprox 60 volt. L2 and L0 110 volt (ok). L3 and L0 110 volt (ok). L1 and L2 less than 100 volt. L1 and L3 same. L2 and L3 220 volt (ok).

It is very important to us that our 002a works ok. Would you please tell me what to do?

Many thanks in advance.

General
    Thanks

Hello, First thing I would try is exercising the AC selector switch ( always with the generator shut off ) switch it back and forth several times. You can also remove the side cover from the AC reconnect box, loosen the nuts on the long rods holding the switch assembly together and spray electrical contact cleaner into the switch at the joints between sections of the switch and there are spaces near where the wires attach to the switch. Spray it in where ever you can and exercise the switch for a bit. Let it dry or blow it off with compressed air ( if possible ) the test it again. most of the time its just dirty contacts in the switch assembly causing odd voltages on one leg.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ray70 For This Useful Post:

Farmitall (05-11-2019), Guyfang (05-02-2019), NDT (05-03-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ray70 View Post
    Hello, First thing I would try is exercising the AC selector switch ( always with the generator shut off ) switch it back and forth several times. You can also remove the side cover from the AC reconnect box, loosen the nuts on the long rods holding the switch assembly together and spray electrical contact cleaner into the switch at the joints between sections of the switch and there are spaces near where the wires attach to the switch. Spray it in where ever you can and exercise the switch for a bit. Let it dry or blow it off with compressed air ( if possible ) the test it again. most of the time its just dirty contacts in the switch assembly causing odd voltages on one leg.
    Thanks you for you advice, this weekend will work on it!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,010 Times in 2,427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Macondo View Post
    Hello there,

I was looking for some help over all post ( titanic work) about my gen problem:
    L1 is sending low voltage when I select 3 Ph on Reconnection Swicht, I did mesurement L1 and L0 aprox 60 volt. L2 and L0 110 volt (ok). L3 and L0 110 volt (ok). L1 and L2 less than 100 volt. L1 and L3 same. L2 and L3 220 volt (ok).

It is very important to us that our 002a works ok. Would you please tell me what to do?

Many thanks in advance.
    Where are you taking your measurments from? Using the meter on the control panel? Or from the load terminals?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyfang For This Useful Post:

Macondo (05-03-2019)

Thanks

Thnaks for your replay Sir,

I took from load terminals.
    Hope in the morning cleanning AC selector as mr. Ray70 wrote me.
    Regards!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ray70 View Post
    ello!
    At last I worked this morning with our 002a.
    a) I exercising the AC selector switch (with gen off) several times. Them I removed the side cover and I preferd not to loose the swicht, at the begining not to easy, a lot of wires to remove...need more time.
    b) Started the unit, check...still with the same problem. L1 is very low voltage, L2 an L3 ok. Shut off the gen, exercising several times again, shut on twice, and nop. But things came worst.
    c) Started the unit, Hz gauge betwen 55 and 57 Hz. No voltage on Voltage Gauge. Check voltage over load terminal...no voltage. Turn off.
    d) Pull and push several times circuit braker from Control Cubicule. Check fusible...etc. Turned on, no voltage againg.

Turn on and off the gen several times with no voltage at all.
    My next move will be serch over the post and try to find some close situation.
    Thanks a lot.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,010 Times in 2,427 Posts

Are you holding the start switch, (S1) up long enough? Some times you need to hold it up longer. Start the set. If you have no AC voltage, hold up the S1 for 2-3 seconds. See if the voltage comes up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyfang For This Useful Post:

Macondo (05-11-2019)

Thanks

Many thanks to your answer sir,
    I will work on it soon!

Thanks

Hello,
    Some time today and incredible situation I found in side cubicule.

The first time I opened de cubicule, I notice one pice of cutted cable (wire?) at the bottom of it. I took some time I saw that circuit breaker was replace (please sorry for my english again!), because the wires were tagged. Also saw, some screws. Hope de photo up ok.

PHOTO-2019-05-13-11-28-58.jpg

PHOTO-2019-05-13-11-28-59.jpg

Thanks

I am going to upload to post more...Sorry again for my english.

As Mr. Ray 70 suggest, I was about to remove the swicht in order to clean, but I gave up for the front pin.../

PHOTO-2019-05-13-11-29-00.jpg

PHOTO-2019-05-13-11-29-00 (1).jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast