• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

L1 low volt 3Ph on my Mep 002a

Macondo

Hello there,

I was looking for some help over all post ( titanic work) about my gen problem:
L1 is sending low voltage when I select 3 Ph on Reconnection Swicht, I did mesurement L1 and L0 aprox 60 volt. L2 and L0 110 volt (ok). L3 and L0 110 volt (ok). L1 and L2 less than 100 volt. L1 and L3 same. L2 and L3 220 volt (ok).

It is very important to us that our 002a works ok. Would you please tell me what to do?

Many thanks in advance.

Ray70

Hello, First thing I would try is exercising the AC selector switch ( always with the generator shut off ) switch it back and forth several times. You can also remove the side cover from the AC reconnect box, loosen the nuts on the long rods holding the switch assembly together and spray electrical contact cleaner into the switch at the joints between sections of the switch and there are spaces near where the wires attach to the switch. Spray it in where ever you can and exercise the switch for a bit. Let it dry or blow it off with compressed air ( if possible ) the test it again. most of the time its just dirty contacts in the switch assembly causing odd voltages on one leg.

Macondo

Hello, First thing I would try is exercising the AC selector switch ( always with the generator shut off ) switch it back and forth several times. You can also remove the side cover from the AC reconnect box, loosen the nuts on the long rods holding the switch assembly together and spray electrical contact cleaner into the switch at the joints between sections of the switch and there are spaces near where the wires attach to the switch. Spray it in where ever you can and exercise the switch for a bit. Let it dry or blow it off with compressed air ( if possible ) the test it again. most of the time its just dirty contacts in the switch assembly causing odd voltages on one leg.
Thanks you for you advice, this weekend will work on it!

Guyfang

Staff member
Hello there,

I was looking for some help over all post ( titanic work) about my gen problem:
L1 is sending low voltage when I select 3 Ph on Reconnection Swicht, I did mesurement L1 and L0 aprox 60 volt. L2 and L0 110 volt (ok). L3 and L0 110 volt (ok). L1 and L2 less than 100 volt. L1 and L3 same. L2 and L3 220 volt (ok).

It is very important to us that our 002a works ok. Would you please tell me what to do?

Many thanks in advance.
Where are you taking your measurments from? Using the meter on the control panel? Or from the load terminals?

Macondo

Thnaks for your replay Sir,

I took from load terminals.
Hope in the morning cleanning AC selector as mr. Ray70 wrote me.
Regards!

Macondo

ello!
At last I worked this morning with our 002a.
a) I exercising the AC selector switch (with gen off) several times. Them I removed the side cover and I preferd not to loose the swicht, at the begining not to easy, a lot of wires to remove...need more time.
b) Started the unit, check...still with the same problem. L1 is very low voltage, L2 an L3 ok. Shut off the gen, exercising several times again, shut on twice, and nop. But things came worst.
c) Started the unit, Hz gauge betwen 55 and 57 Hz. No voltage on Voltage Gauge. Check voltage over load terminal...no voltage. Turn off.
d) Pull and push several times circuit braker from Control Cubicule. Check fusible...etc. Turned on, no voltage againg.

Turn on and off the gen several times with no voltage at all.
My next move will be serch over the post and try to find some close situation.
Thanks a lot.

Guyfang

Staff member
Are you holding the start switch, (S1) up long enough? Some times you need to hold it up longer. Start the set. If you have no AC voltage, hold up the S1 for 2-3 seconds. See if the voltage comes up.

Macondo

Hello,
Some time today and incredible situation I found in side cubicule.

The first time I opened de cubicule, I notice one pice of cutted cable (wire?) at the bottom of it. I took some time I saw that circuit breaker was replace (please sorry for my english again!), because the wires were tagged. Also saw, some screws. Hope de photo up ok.

PHOTO-2019-05-13-11-28-58.jpg

PHOTO-2019-05-13-11-28-59.jpg

Macondo

I am going to upload to post more...Sorry again for my english.

As Mr. Ray 70 suggest, I was about to remove the swicht in order to clean, but I gave up for the front pin.../

PHOTO-2019-05-13-11-29-00.jpg

PHOTO-2019-05-13-11-29-00 (1).jpg

Macondo

But here the big surprise.

PHOTO-2019-05-13-11-29-01.jpg

I did not see ther first time this...and of course one of the screw of the first picture come here....and I suppose also this is the reson I have no voltage in L1.

I am very open to suggestion PLEASE!

Thanks to all!!!

Ray70

Hello, Sorry if you misunderstood my suggestion, I was suggesting you just loosen the long rods that hold the switch assembly together so that you can spray contact cleaner into the switch's separate sections. I didn't want you to remove the switch, however it seems that may have led you to find that missing screw!
Get that wire reattached and then retest!
Good Luck.

Macondo

Hello, Sorry if you misunderstood my suggestion, I was suggesting you just loosen the long rods that hold the switch assembly together so that you can spray contact cleaner into the switch's separate sections. I didn't want you to remove the switch, however it seems that may have led you to find that missing screw!
Get that wire reattached and then retest!
Good Luck.
No problem at all!! jeje I will do this!
Thanks.

Guyfang

Staff member
Take the time to clean out the box, and check if the wires EVERYWHERE are tight. I would remove the box and put it on a table to work on it. Its only a few bolts and cables to remove to get it off.

Macondo

Take the time to clean out the box, and check if the wires EVERYWHERE are tight. I would remove the box and put it on a table to work on it. Its only a few bolts and cables to remove to get it off.
Hello Sir,

I just finished star and messure volts, all are ok! :grin: Th
Yes next move, I'll remove thebox, clean and tight.

Thanks all for your help...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks