• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv history/use?

Jens Jensen

M998 Danish tail light

Hi. New member, I'm from Denmark, and have a M998 that I am trying to making street legal here in dk. So I need reed rear light and brake light, but I need yellow light for rear turn signal. So I will change the reed colour plate in the Black out light to yellow and use that as turn signal, but how do I split up the brake light and the turn signal to each bulp? I don't want the yellow light on, when I use the brake. Maybe somebody have picture/link of a wiring diagram. Thanks, Jens Jensen

papakb

taillights.jpg

Unfortunately the stop and turn lamps are both powered from the #22-460 and 22-461 wires so there isn't an easy way to split them. My suggestion would be to add a couple of small LED lamps to the rear and tap power for them from the #22-460/1 wires. Both lamps will still come on but hopefully that will satisfy the MVA.

Last edited:

Jens Jensen

Thank you for your fast reply and help. I will try to work something out, I will have to use it for the trailer connecting to. Best regards Jens Jensen

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,
I made the yellow turnlights myself.
If you unplug the brake switch under the steering wheel, the turn lights still works. So change the connectors in the lamp, and pull a new wire from the switch to the break light.
I hope it’s understandable. :)

Jens Jensen

Hi. I have bought a surplus M998 troopcariere HMMWV from California and had it shipped to Denmark. I was hopping, that some of you, migh be able to tell me more about the vehicle, where is has been used and for what. It has "3rd. plt." on the front hood and US Army NG3UYC in the door frame. Vin 112838. Is there any way to track service history on it? Looking forward to hear more about it, or maybe somebody can tell me, where to find out more? Best regards Jens Jensen, Denmark.

Jens Jensen

Hmmwv dampes, high load.

I have 50pcs of Monroe dampes, from the Danish hmmwv, but the Danish hmmwv/"Eagle" is armoured and the weight is 10.000lb. Can they be used on other hmmwv's?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more simple option - you can run a wire from each of the front turn signals to yellow lights at the rear.

Cheers

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But than you need two longer wires from the hood and the break light flashing further.
I’ve alredy thought about it :).

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more simple option - you can run a wire from each of the front turn signals to yellow lights at the rear.

Cheers
Absolutely the simplest and best manner! Then leave everything else alone and place a set of new yellow rear lights. Leave the red ones alone or disconnect the turn signal feeds.

AAVP7

Hej Jens, welcome to the madness !

We have the same problem with yellow turn signals in Germany. Many people here use the wire for the blackout brake lights for the service brake, and that frees 22-460 and 22-461 for pure turn signal use. This way, you don´t have to put in new wires. And most of us don´t really need blackout brake lights, do we ;-) ?

This reassigning of wires means one has to do some replugging at the light switch, which I don´t remember out of memory, but this is in my mind the easiest solution for the rear turn signal problem.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But than you need two longer wires from the hood and the break light flashing further.
It is not much more wire to go to the front turn signals than to go up under the dash to splice in before the brake circuit . And with a 3 way connector there is not wires to cut .

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is not much more wire to go to the front turn signals than to go up under the dash to splice in before the brake circuit . And with a 3 way connector there is not wires to cut .
Don’t have to cut, just disconnect at the brake light switch and connect the new wire. Anyway he needs to pull a cable for the reverse light.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Different threads for same vehicle have been merged.

It will make it easier for others to help.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, the front turn signals are on separate wires from the brake lights. The problem at the back is that the brake light and turn signal share the same bulb.

Cheers

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NI don’t think we understand each other perfectly, but that fault is of my rusty english.
So my method needs 5 metres (15ft) wire and 3 packard connectors.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks