• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smaller steering wheel........

exhogflyer

Smaller steering wheel........UPDATE!!!!

I'm considering going to the smaller 18" size steering wheel in my Deuce for space considerations. It doesn't have power steering, I know it will be a bit harder to turn but I still have some "juice" left in me :lol:
I'd like to hear from you folks that HAVE done this swap, tell me did it workout ? I'd only be out the price of a wheel at worst right?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The smaller wheel isn’t that bad without power steering. Obviously it’s more work than the stock 20” wheel but I’d definitely try it if you want a little more room. You may have to either borrow a military wheel puller or make your own to pull the wheel without breaking it, sometimes they can be a pain.

exhogflyer

Ok, new wheel is installed! Looks better and more importantly, gives more room. Oh and y'all are right, it ain't hard to steer!
IMG_0823.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks